Episode 47

RSS

If Bruce and "Talia" had sex in "Out of the Past," would it have been gay?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DCAUFan1051

:holyshit: WOW this has got to be the most disturbingly funny thread on the entire forum :D I'm disgusted but at the same time I can't stop reading lol

excellent episode as always guys

hey mike did u flub in the upcoming episode speech at the end? you said the final four eps but The Call is a 2 parter so techincally it would be 5 episodes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back, guys!

I think that before the Other George W kept talking, he summed it up - gay for Ra's, not so much for Bruce.

In "King's Ransom", I think that Mike's attitude can be summed up by Storm's line to Wolverine after he stabbed Rachel Summers to save Selene in X-Men 209 (or maybe 208 - this was 20+ years ago) "I understand your action, Logan. That does not mean I condone it." The thing is, as much as you see it from King's perspective, you also see it from Queen's. Everything King does just gets them in worse and worse trouble. This was certainly not an epic episode, but it was a good, solid one - you really see and understand where both characters are coming from, and their response to the situation worsens the situation - hey, that's real life.

About the comment in "Betrayal", where Bruce tells Terry to leave it for the cops, while in a first season episode, he had laid down that "Batman always comes first. Every night makes a difference." I can interpret that as a sign of the growing relationship between Bruce and Terry. At first, he's trying to drill the seriousness of this into this punk kid, and takes as hard-line of an approach as possible. Now, though, Terry has proved himself much more, so Bruce can start exposing him to the gray areas. Sure, Batman needs to have a deep commitment - but a simple rule with no exceptions doesn't keep you live for 80 years. There has to be some judgment in the loop, and that's what Bruce is addressing. Terry knows the rules. Now he needs to know when to bend them.

Again, good to have you guys back!

Chris

hey mike did u flub in the upcoming episode speech at the end? you said the final four eps but The Call is a 2 parter so techincally it would be 5 episodes

Technically speaking, it would be six episodes, because "Curse of the Kobra" is also two parts. However, we've always counted multi-part stories as one episode, so that's why I said "four episodes."

Guest DCAUFan1051

Technically speaking, it would be six episodes, because "Curse of the Kobra" is also two parts. However, we've always counted multi-part stories as one episode, so that's why I said "four episodes."

oh right I forgot curse was a 2 parter... right

FYI Snapper Carr is in Static Shock :D well Jason Marsden who plays him is he plays Static's Best Friend Richie who eventually becomes Gear. :D

I could also see Anna Paquin in the part.

And that's the sound of me wrapping my mouth around an exhaust pipe.

What's wrong with Anna Paquin?

I can't stand Anna Paquin. She always looks like she smells the faint odor of shit and can't figure out where it comes from. Her acting is one note and she has never fit a role I have seen her in.

And Ian Wilson's heart breaks in 3.. 2... 1...

You are dead to me, Reddick. DEAD.

EDIT: Having just finished the episode, I think the high point of the entire DCAU may just be Batman: The Musical!! I was in tears at the closing sound clip.

Azura Skye aka Inque's daughter is probably best known for playing Cassie Newton in the Buffy episodes "Help" and "Conversations with dead people".

Oh yeah, there were some audio issues that on several occasions made Yoda sound like a grownup on Charlie Brown. Halfway though several points you were suddenly all "Mwa mwa mwa mwa".

Guest DCAUFan1051

ok if anyone can transform into any representation of Harley it would be Mia Sara.........

She went from Sweet and innocent in Ferris Bueller:

f767eb89.jpg

to evil incarnate Harley Quinn in Birds Of Prey:

Harl.jpg

I took the first picture from watching Ferris the second one of her as Harl I found online. So I can't take credit for it and I'm tooo lazy to get up and go get the BOP DVD's and take one off of that.

So there are a ton of female actresses out there that could make the transition if Mia Sara could :D The only thing I'd ever seen her in was Ferris and when I first watched BOP and saw her credit I was like :holyshit: it doesn't even look like her.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Since the BB Season 3 DVD set was just sitting on my dresser I decided to pop it in last night and watch a few of the episodes from WFP 47 here are my thoughts:

As far as Inque being there at the end watching her daughter I'd say that's highly possible because Terry/Batman did say that she's been dead before. I don't think it was a hallucination on the daughter's part because as we've seen before Inque can pull herself back together. Then again to contradict that statement the daughter did say she added some sort of dissolving compound to the mutagen. So who knows, me personally I like to think that it was Inque in the bushes watching the daughter.

I think it was James who said he liked Angie Harmon better then Stockard Channing as Barbara in this series......... I couldn't agree more. Harmon brings more warmth, depth, and emotion to the role.

I can't even watch Out Of The Past now thanks to the fact that:

MICHAEL DAVID SIMS IS A MIND CORRUPTOR!!!!!!!

:laugh:

I tried watching it after WFP 47 and I can't without thinking about the very valid question and points that Mike made!!!! ugh!

It's hard to believe that Batman: Beyond is almost over! I really really enjoyed the show I wish they'd have made more episodes.

On a slightly different subject:

I have been catching the Static Shock episodes on Disney XD..... I don't like the theme song for this first season. I believe they changed it in the second season. The animation is good in the cartoon... not great but good.

I'm so ready for World's Finest Podcast: The Justice League Reviews!!! Even though I wasn't too keene on Zeta I will not abandon you guys during that time. And Teen Titans while I could care less if it was or wasn't in continuity hopefully there are episodes of that cartoon that will get a Mike or James rant that tears it to shreds. :D As I said before I liked Static's 2nd Season the best so I'm looking forward to that. But the fact remains that if I was in charge it would be from Batman Beyond to Justice League :laugh: Thanks for everything that you do guys and I'm most thankful for finding such a stellar podcast..... I think outside of a Boston Radio station podcast of the day WFP was the second podcast I subscribed to.

The following image is a collage of all things Earth-2... I would have put in Dread Media and Animezing Podcast artwork but since I don't have the pics of those I couldn't. So here's my collage and omage to E-2 well one of them anyways I'll be making more. I love the Photo Paper app on iPhone!

Earth-2PodcastCollage1.jpg

Guest DCAUFan1051

I just watched betrayal... how the hell doesn't/ Big Time realize Terry's batman? in their end battle Terry/Big Time Fight Bruce Runs Big Time over gives Terry his backpack and then we see Batman and Big Time fighting. If Big Time has IQ as he put it why the hell didn't he put 2 and 2 together?

Since you guys completely no-sold my Family Guy question, I shall post it here!

Now, my question is about the Batman: The Musical in Out of The Past. Seems to me that it was done in a Seth MacFarlane kind of style, and it seems like the kind of thing you would see on The Family Guy. So I'm wondering if that was some kind of "homage" to that show?

Since you guys completely no-sold my Family Guy question, I shall post it here!

Now, my question is about the Batman: The Musical in Out of The Past. Seems to me that it was done in a Seth MacFarlane kind of style, and it seems like the kind of thing you would see on The Family Guy. So I'm wondering if that was some kind of "homage" to that show?

Not in a million years. "Out of the Past" came out in 2000, no more than a year after Family Guy first debuted (1999). There's no way they did a tribute to a show that was just getting off the ground--especially one that wasn't guaranteed to be successful at the time.

Hey guys, hope you didn't miss me too much, lol

I lost my connection on the net to watch Batman Beyond, so I haven't been able to watch the series. But I've finally found a new site and watched EVERY episode I have missed and every episode I have missed here on WFP. But I will only comment on this episodes; episodes.

Hey Mike how about Keanu Reeves as Man Bat? I mean he always looks down on luck, lol I mean I haven't seen him smile since his Bill & Ted days.

I thought Mia Sara was a good Harley Quinn in BOP, but she is a bit old. I think they should cast an unknown for that role.

Hey have you guys seen the trailer for the new Street Fighter? Robin Shou(Lui Kang in the MK Films)is in it and OMG, not Kristen Kreuk as the main character. I do look forward to the reboot of the first MK film, that was a great film, but you can't continue what Annihilation destroyed.

KING'S RANSOM:

I always enjoyed episodes with The Royal Flush Gang, so this was a great episode to start off with. Do you think Ace the Dog was named after the original Ace from The Royal Flush Gang? I mean Bruce's life is based off of his life as Batman, otherwise he would have named the dog Alfred.

BETRAYAL:

Not a bad episode by much, it had its lag moments, but it was generally an ok filler episode. I wouldn't watch it again. James remember when you said Bruce giving a small reference to Two-Face as the friend he had to fight? Well maybe that is why he did a 180 on this particular situation. Bruce went through a lot trying to save Harvey from his own demons and knew that Terry feeling as guilty as he did for what happened to Big Time(like how he felt for what happened to Harvey)might not succeed, causing something worse than just being beaten.

OUT OF THE PAST:

Great episode, its always nice to see a familiar face in this series. Having David Warner return was a guilty pleasure. My only problem is that Bruce didn't seem to catch on that the incident between him and those pinks was a set up. Bruce would have been able to spot that as a setup in a quick second, especially after Talia says it was fate. But still good episode.

Mike for your question, its gay in the POV of Ra's Al Ghul, since he knows he's having sex with another man. From Bruce's POV, I don't think it is, since he is having sex with Talia in his mind. But I think Bruce would have thrown himself out a window if he did, lol.

Here's a question for you; Do you think Ra's finger popped him/herself while in Talia's body? lol

SPEAK NO EVIL:

Gorilla Grodd Beyond; that's how I feel for this episode, except Gorilla Grodd was smarter and didn't turn out to have a legit reason for his actions. Do you think Bruce was referencing Gorilla Grodd when he said that Gorilla's are smarter than most people realize? James you have to remember Gotham Knights ended with Judgment Day, so maybe they thought they were getting a 4th Season. This is still a somewhat boring episode. Brian Thompson was the only good thing in MK: Annihilation, but than again I'm a fan of his, so maybe I'm being biased.

INQUELING:

I enjoyed this episode, its always nice to see a characters back story, even if its not too good, lol. The whole falling apart reminds me of Clayface falling apart. Remember the first Inque episode she started to drown him by suffocating him. That was pretty brutal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Allison Mack or Kristen Bell would make a good Harley.

I will seriously agree that Kristen Bell would make a great Harley. She loves her fans and you know she would have fun playing Harley. She can even do the voice well. Watch Veronica Mars sometime. If Kristen ever fades as an acress, she will be able to work as a VA for the rest of her life. Kristen Bell and David Tennat. That is the dream. Too bad we'll get stuck with Johnny Depp (wow, I never thought having Johnny Depp in a movie would be a bad thing in my eyes.) Someone actually made a fan poster for Bell that made me salivate at the awesome potential of Bell as Harley. The pics are at IGN here. I'm linking since the pics are kinda big.

As for the poll, I voted for yes but, now that I'm thinking about it, it would never be for Bruce and as for Ra's, he's been a woman for quite a few years. I would say that, knowing a post-op transexual, that you live as a woman for a few years, you identify as a woman. If Ra's goal has succeeded, I would almost say that it would have taken quite a while to adjust to being a guy again.