Nickelback

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051
They scream "generic, uninspired radio music" more than any band I think I've ever heard. I cannot, nor will I ever, understand their massive popularity.

I guess I'm a generic Rock music lover! :D :laugh: and the funniest thing about that statement James is that surprisingly when I have tuned into my local rock radio station hardly any of their songs gets airplay whether it be new or old stuff.

They are a mainstay on the local rock station here. Atlanta seems to be a bastion for Nickelback fans for some delusional reason.

I think James that's because when they rereleased All The Right Reasons with Bonus Tracks it was three Live songs from Atlanta.

On a completely different note I missed the live interview so I was unable to call in, but I did catch the replay of the interview. Rockline is a call in show so the fans can ask questions of whomever the artist is. Which I think is very cool.

I really enjoyed hearing them talk about the process on this album collaborating with Mutt Lange and how the concept of Dark horse came about. Chad said that the name of the album refers to the lyrical content. Because there are some very risque lyrics on Dark Horse. One fan called in and asked about how they came up with the artwork from the CD. Chad and Ryan basically said that after having about 40,000 pictures thrown in front of them it was basically just chosing what they like. And Chad said that's how it's been for the last few records just whatever they liked and after management agreed that was it. Other topics that were discussed is the touring process and the new tour with Seether and Saving Abel. On fan called in and asked Chad if NB and Seether would collaborate and have Chad sing a Seether song and Shawn from Seether sing a NB song.... to which Chad said that's a good idea thanks. Another question was about how the picking of the set list to which they replied that it's constantly changing. Another question was why has Chad stopped doing the print interviews for Dark Horse? To which he replied that every time he tried to do print interviews was that it translated badly. As far as what he might be saying or joking about and he feels that the only way to do real interview is TV or Radio.

It's nice to see them interacting with the fans positively. Because there are so many famous bands that either don't care about the fans or react negatively to them. As far as the title of the album in regards to the lyrical content I'm not surprised that they named it that. Hell I'm surprised that this album didn't get a Parental Advisory label because in the song "Burn It To The Ground" they say shit at least five times below are the lyrics:

Burn It To The Ground

Nickelback

Well it's midnight, damn right, we're wound up too tight

I've got a fist full of whiskey, the bottle just bit me

Oh

That shit makes me bat shit crazy

We've got no fear, no doubt, all in balls out

We're going off tonight

To kick out every light

To get anything that we want

To drink everything in sight

We're going till the world stops turning

While we burn it to the ground tonight

Oh

We're screaming like demons, swinging from the ceiling

I got a fist full of fifties, the tequila just hit me

Oh

We got no class, no taste, no shirt, and shit faced

We got it lined up, shot down, firing back straight crown

We're going off tonight

To kick out every light

Oh

Ticking like a time bomb, drinking till the nights gone

Well get you hands off of this glass, last call my ass

Well no chain, no lock, and this train won't stop

We got no friend, no tab, all in balls out

We're going off tonight

To kick out every light

Oh

We're going off tonight

To kick out every light

So in closing I'm glad I had a chance to listen to this and get insight from the band and where they were in creating this latest album.