Green Lantern: First Flight

Guest DCAUFan1051

I got this on demand last week, even though I still want the DVD.... I liked the movie, but to me the lip syncing is horrid in this film. I hear Chris Meloni talking and then 5 seconds later the characters mouth moves... is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this on demand last week, even though I still want the DVD.... I liked the movie, but to me the lip syncing is horrid in this film. I hear Chris Meloni talking and then 5 seconds later the characters mouth moves... is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

I think that might be a problem with your specific video; there's no way they'd let that through in the final product. (I definitely didn't notice it)

Guest DCAUFan1051

I think that might be a problem with your specific video; there's no way they'd let that through in the final product. (I definitely didn't notice it)

it was a cable on demand purchase... not DVD so I dunno... I'll reserve final verdict until I can get the DVD... overall I like the story of the film. It was quite good.

it was a cable on demand purchase... not DVD so I dunno... I'll reserve final verdict until I can get the DVD... overall I like the story of the film. It was quite good.

My only problem with the story is that it deliberately changes aspects of the original stories (the Guardians' portrayal, Boodikka, Sinestro's plan, etc.), to the point that viewers who aren't aware of the Green Lantern story might get confused. Also, there's really no origin story for Hal, so only comics fans will completely understand what's going on. That was a deliberate move on the director's part, since the audience for these DVD movies is supposedly only the comics fans anyway. Still, it bothers me.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I am not sure of this but I believe that's what I heard on a clip from the GL dvd website... that they were going for a completely different story... setting in space for the majority and the fact that there isn't a origin story for hal that they could take the character in any direction they wanted. I like First Flight's version of Hal, but I like New Frontier's version better. Maybe that's because David Boreanaz was voicing him. I dunno... I like this movie though.. Just as a general DC cartoon fan I don't think this is a bad film.