Episode 80

RSS

Who watches the Watchmen? Desmond and Darryll do in this week's episode of Dread Media! But not before Desmond reluctantly celebrates Mean-Spirited March with Gutterballs, and then cleanses his palate with the awesome Norwegian slasher Cold Prey. Tunes include: "Take the Skinheads Bowling" by Manic Street Preachers, "Balls Out" by The Bloodhound Gang, "All My Friends Are Dead" by Turbonegro, "Desolation Row" by My Chemical Romance and "The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel. [ 1:09:44 || 32.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_080.mp3

First ep that I've listened to of yours.

Mean-Spirited March is going to be quite interesting, I think. Just a hunch. xD

Also, agreed with pretty much all your points on Watchmen. Title sequence is for the artistic awesome win.

A sidenote: We went to the midnight showing with at least two people who had not read the source material, and they liked it, though they were a little confused by

Bubastis

And yes, it is weird that you like a MCR cover. :P It would be a decent rock cover, if it wasn't Gerard Way whining out the lyrics.

Really dug this ep. Agreed with you gents about Watchmen, and the suffering that is "Mean Spirited March" is a wonderful way of us watching you slowly lose your sanity.

Edit: Also, fuck MCR's cover of "Desolation Row."

I disagree, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it!

First ep that I've listened to of yours.

Mean-Spirited March is going to be quite interesting, I think. Just a hunch. xD

Also, agreed with pretty much all your points on Watchmen. Title sequence is for the artistic awesome win.

A sidenote: We went to the midnight showing with at least two people who had not read the source material, and they liked it, though they were a little confused by

Bubastis

Yeah, I took that for granted as someone who knows a lot about the source material. There were a few things that would confuse newcomers I think.

Mean-spirited March will only get worse over the next couple of weeks...

The final installment is hopefully the first appearance of a new cohost. You guys will very much appreciate that.

I'm supposed to be doing an interview with a guy whose career is defined by mean-spirited films and another guest host but these are still tentative.

Good stuff, Des.

Really dug this ep. Agreed with you gents about Watchmen, and the suffering that is "Mean Spirited March" is a wonderful way of us watching you slowly lose your sanity.

Edit: Also, fuck MCR's cover of "Desolation Row."

I disagree, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it!

You're not supposed to dance to Dylan, you're supposed to Learn Something. The original was beautiful. This was... not.

Donations in the form of Hot Topic gift vouchers can be made by the link on the main page.

This was cool to listen to just because the only other podcast review I heard (Mark Kermode, BBC) was negative. Its good to get some positive reinforcement for my enthusiasm for this film. I introduced my housemates to Watchmen about a month ago and they are actually finding a babysitter for the sprog so they can go see this. I've pretty much inducted them into the ranks of the Watchmen faithful.

Aside from MCR (which was really more meh than outright bad, although I think they are far too depressingly polished to be considered a surrogate Sex Pistols) I really liked the music this episode. I'm an old-school Manics fan and I really liked the other two tracks you played alongside the classic Sound of Silence.

Yeah, I totally forgot to mention the opening titles but that was the point in the movie I realized this was going to be something special.

After having given Watchmen a few days to simmer in my head I have come to one conclusion: I need to see it again.