Creative Team For Batman and Robin Announced

Koete

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN Comics: Just so fans are clear, can you walk us through the six different periods you'll be dealing with? Can you name the Batmen we'll be seeing in Return of Bruce Wayne?

Morrison: Caveman, Witch Hunter, Pirate, Cowboy, Hardboiled P.I. and Dark Knight.

Rock. On.

So, Jonah Hex, but prettier?

They could have just asked Tim. Would have saved them a Lazarus Pit and what looks like a strangling. Like I've said before, it's probably one of Darkseid's Batman clones from the Last Rites issues that took place during Final Crisis.

I doubt it. They all died from emotional overload as they experienced Batman's mind all at once.

• 3 weeks later...

#8 didn't exactly do it for me, but I enjoyed #9. Loved the page where

clone Batman experiences Batman's memories

all jumbled up and amalgamated. Just some cool visuals. I understand comic book covers rarely have anything accuracy in dealing with events in the book, but I wish Quitely had given the Batman holding Damian three scallops on his gloves, because two means it's Grayson. Damian in his Robin outfit on the cover doesn't bother me though :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Speculation’s been bouncing around for a while now as to who’s going to take over the artistic reins after artist Andy Clarke’s stint on the series comes to an end, and we’re happy to confirm that the next artist is none other than Frazer Irving, who’s no stranger to collaborating with BATMAN AND ROBIN writer Grant Morrison, having teamed for the KLARION THE WITCH BOY mini-series during the SEVEN SOLDIERS event.

But what hasn’t been talked about much is just how integral Irving’s upcoming arc is to Grant’s other Bat-series. Namely, BATMAN: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE. In fact, Irving will be pulling a bit of double-duty, as he’ll be handling art on the second issue of the six-issue mini-series. We checked in with Bat-editor Mike Marts to give us the lowdown on Irving’s artwork:

“Frazer’s a unique comics creator in that he handles all aspects of the art chores—pencilling, inking and colors—which gives him the best creative control an artist could ask for. And with fantastic results! Readers will drool when they see Frazer’s amazing pages to both BATMAN projects he’s working on.”

Thanks, Mike. And because we’re in a generous mood, we managed to put together a list of the artists contributing to each issue of RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE. So, here goes:

#1: Chris Sprouse

#2: Frazer Irving

#3: Yanick Paquette

#4: Cameron Stewart

#5: Ryan Sook

#6: Lee Garbett

Pretty impressive lineup, no? We’ll have art to show from each issue as we get closer, but in the meantime, enjoy Frazer’s variant to BATMAN AND ROBIN #13 above and the variant to BATMAN: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE #2 right here:

The pics:

brcov013new.jpgrobwcov2.jpg