Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

JackFetch

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the movie.

Tim Daly, Kevin Conroy, and Clancy Brown fit their characters perfectly. (though that may be because the original comic was inspired by the DCAU)

The animation style is so steroid-stuffed that it gets very distracting.

It was basically just nonstop action, and nothing else. Not exactly good or bad.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Just saw the movie.

Tim Daly, Kevin Conroy, and Clancy Brown fit their characters perfectly. (though that may be because the original comic was inspired by the DCAU)

The animation style is so steroid-stuffed that it gets very distracting.

It was basically just nonstop action, and nothing else. Not exactly good or bad.

how'd you see it when it doesn't come out for another week lol

Ok, I've watched it. Frankly it was worse than the comic, which I wasn't that high on. The Hawkman/Captain Marvel fight was cut to shreds, Hawkman didn't even get his Claw of Horus line in which was probably the best thing in the original story. Basically it was lots of fights with minimal plot, and can't compare to almost all the other DC animated films. Probably on a level with Superman Doomsday but only because its so simple that its hard to point to thing that are explicitly wrong with it.

Oh except could Power Girl have a less appropriate name in this? Its like she walked straight out of the 50's, even when she tried to do right she failed spectacularly. I'm surprised she didn't just giggle, declare that all this heady meteor politics was too much for her under-sized woman's brain and run off to go make cookies for everyone. Has there ever been a worse female role model in a DC cartoon? Wonder Woman would be so ashamed of her.

The title sequence is really bland, I was actually bored during it.

Superman is a prick in this movie, and Batman is just their for the sake of being there.

Right at the start:

Captain Atom says that although Luthor is evil, we need someone like him in office, and Superman pouts and fucks off.

It's an alright film, I'm just glad I didn't buy it, as I fell asleep part of the way thorugh, walk up, and really don't want to find the place where I was.

Some of the dialogue is horrible.

James Remar is Hawkman to me, and this other guy is shit.

Also, did Black Lightning even speak, aprt from grunting when hit?

It's not a bad movie, it just doesn't have anything that makes it a good film.

This should just be called Superman: Public Enemy, with special appearance by Batman.

Because she is a female with large breasts and therefore in the eyes of some creators cannot be competent?

See, that's just odd. Every other story I've read with Power Girl portrays her as a strong character who is often annoyed at her objectification. Her portrayal in this movie was just odd, even if her storyline made some sense.

Superman is a prick in this movie...

See, I don't agree with that. Superman is the one character with the moral fortitude and insight to say "I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS." Bruce Timm said once that Superman's not a jerk when he acts like that; he's essentially too much a good guy to tolerate injustice.

Also, did Black Lightning even speak, aprt from grunting when hit?

He had one line that I remember. (though I don't remember what it was, so it was probably unimportant)

I think I'm going to forget this movie. Not for trying; just because it was forgettable.

Le envy, Mike.

Because she is a female with large breasts and therefore in the eyes of some creators cannot be competent?

See, that's just odd. Every other story I've read with Power Girl portrays her as a strong character who is often annoyed at her objectification. Her portrayal in this movie was just odd, even if her storyline made some sense.

Read through her current comic. She's being portrayed as horribly incompetent. To quote one user at scans_daily's reaction to the preview for PG #5:

Jesus, why doesn't this series make Power Girl a little more incompetent? She doesn't know how to run her own company, she doesn't even know what kind of product she's putting out, and now she can't even be bothered to dress herself correctly. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick.