Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

JackFetch

Power Girl's awkwardness regarding Toyman is hilarious. She's dressed like a streetwalker, what does she expect a 13 year old kid to be like?

Good point about the Hawkman chest hair. Granted Batman might have had to wear a chest wig to pull off his disguise later, but Hawkman shouldn't be one of those bare chested heroes who waxes (I'm talking about you Plastic Man). Still, the Hawkman/Captain Marvel portion was always one of my favourite parts of the story just because it put those guys on a level where one on one they were a threat to Batman and Superman. Even without the exposition on the Claw of Horus its still pretty fun.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could find that Shortpacked strip, because it was dead on about how much bromance is in this story.

The part in the sewers alone make me picture them in sleeping bags next to each other like the guys in Superbad. The slow hand grabs, Superman yelling "No! I won't let it happen" when he thinks Batman is dying, and the leaning on each other while walking was really bromantic.

Power Girl NEEDS to put on some clothes. Seriously. "AHH I'm Power Girl. Why is little 13-year-old Toyman staring at my boobs? I feel uncomfortable!" Maybe it's because THERE'S A HUGE HOLE IN YOUR SHIRT! There is nothing aerodynamic about that hole. It should not be there.

I remember reading her explanation of why she has a giant hole in the bust of her costume. It was something like "It's not that I'm being lewd or anything; I just don't know who I am or where I'm from, so I have a hole where my symbol should be."

Yeeeeaaahh.....

(Does the semicolon go inside the quotes?)

Yes it does. :)

I remember reading her explanation of why she has a giant hole in the bust of her costume. It was something like "It's not that I'm being lewd or anything; I just don't know who I am or where I'm from, so I have a hole where my symbol should be."

Yeeeeaaahh.....

Yeeeeaaahh.....

That is not a legitimate reason. At all. No. Just no.

Exactly.

And anyway, if she's conflicted or whatever, she can leave an empty space there if she wants, but maybe it should be an empty space ON A SHIRT, as opposed to "Oh, I'll just cut a circle out of my perfectly nice uniform."

Also, she's not wearing pants. I don't understand why these super females insist on not wearing pants. Pants are very comfortable! There is no way they would interfere with crime-fighting that much, because all the guys wear pants. (Well, except for that phase that Robin went through.)

Also, she's not wearing pants. I don't understand why these super females insist on not wearing pants. Pants are very comfortable! There is no way they would interfere with crime-fighting that much, because all the guys wear pants. (Well, except for that phase that Robin went through.)

No. Its fishnets, hotpants, a miniskirt, no-pants or supernatural non-pants and pasties (ie Poison Ivy, Witchblade etc). That's if your female super-hero wants to be popular that is. You can only get away with pants or a full-body outfit if you're on a team.

One can't help but feel that if Manhunter had Carol Danvers' buttfloss outfit her book might not have been cancelled. Clearly good characterisation and plot wasn't enough.

• 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

So I was doing some research on wiki looking for the in order release dates of the DCUOA Movies and I found this little piece of info:

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies sequel

After the positive reviews of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Bruce Timm is now planning the animated movie of Superman/Batman: The Supergirl from Krypton

source

hmmm?......insteresting!

Mania reports that Warner Premiere is so happy with the performance of the home video release of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies that WP are looking into a sequel or even sequels to come out of their highly-successful direct-to-dvd home animated movies slate of projects.

More than likely it will look for one of the great subsequent story lines from the Jeph Loeb comics series, but all the details are sketchy at best for 'Superman/Batman 2'. Still it's amazing news.

Story could be the timeline twisting "Absolute Power" or the ultimate Maximus alternate-reality bending "With a Vengeance". Or many of the other great stories from Loeb's comic series that could come to animated life, we will have to wait and see.

LINK

I know I'm in the minority, but I am a big fan of the Supergirl arc (and an even bigger fan of Michael Turner's artwork). I do fear for how much they'll have to cut from it, and if they don't get Michael Ironside to voice Darkseid, I will fucking riot.

Oh, I actually agree with that, 100%. Bringing Supergirl back was a great idea, and it was done pretty brilliantly. I think Turner's artwork gave Loeb's script a lot more depth than McGuinness's did.

That arc was actually one of the first major comic arcs that I ever read. I actually learned the Kryptonian alphabet from my page-by-page translation of the text in that arc.

I wonder if maybe they could have the ending of Supergirl spin off into a New Gods arc? Or maybe they could just go back to it in the time-travel arc, as the orginal comic did.

You guys are thirded on the Supergirl arc, I loved the story and the artwork alot. It also got me interested into reading Kryptonese

(Made Superman: Secret Origins #2 have a lot more meaning)

. However, some things would need to be tweaked quite a bit. The whole harbinger character may have to be scrapped or altered to provide comprehension to people who haven't read CoIE.

I hate to say steal this idea from a person on another forum site discussing this, but I believe this would be a good idea and would made sense, is if they did a story arc in the comics outside of the Superman/Batman series, like Emperor Joker. The person who came up with this idea, had some good statements backing this idea up, like the fact that it would be a cool movie, with another great voice cast, it can be slightly tweaked to be an equal Superman and Batman movie, and it was drawn by Ed McGuiness, so there would be no troubles with animation.