Transformers 3

JackFetch

Paramount and DreamWorks are forging ahead with "Transformers 3," dating the movie for release on July 1, 2011.

It's the first official word of the three-quel. Paramount insiders have said that the dating of the pic isn't an official announcement that the project is going forward; rather that the studio wanted to plan a stake in the date.

DreamWorks and Par weren't immediately available to confirm whether Michael Bay and stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are set to return for the third installment in the franchise, which has fast claimed the July 4th holiday as its own.

"Transformers" opened July 3, 2007; "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" bows on June 24, 2009.

So far, "Transformers 3" has no direct competition in its July 1, 2011 date.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800128...=1&nid=2562

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

I've said this in the last few All Things Transformers Podcast episodes I don't even wanna hear any news whether it be false or not on a third film until after the second one is released. I'd be glad as hell if Bay didn't do a third one, because all the false news and everything just pisses me off. I get that they want to keep everything a secret, but don't give us lies!!!!!!

I'm of the mindset that if you have a franchise as famous as Transformers you don't shit on the fans with false hope......as well as plan a third film as I said earlier, before the second has even be released.

Michael Bay had this to say about the announcement:

I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots.

Michael

Oops

Michael Bay had this to say about the announcement:

I want a jet! And a shark tank! And 212 underage phillipino boys to feed to the sharks! And a golden statue of me in the Paramount parking lot, something that says "Here is your god" but also says "god is available ladies". Want it now!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
So can we expect more thunderous sound in the third installment? Although the number of robots increased significantly from the first film for the second, the third film -- which will hit theaters in summer 2011, won't be as robot-heavy and there will be fewer explosions, a tight-lipped Bay said after the Q+A.

"There will be a nice crescendo ending," Bay said. "It gets much more into the robot character. The last time you kind of met a few of the robots; this time you're gonna get a much cooler landscape."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/01/how-transformers-got-that-boomboompow.html

I think he's fucking with us.

• 3 months later...
The Wrap is reporting that actor Alan Tudyk, best known for his role on Joss Whedon's beloved TV shows "Firefly" and "Dollhouse," has joined the ecclectic cast of Michael Bay's Transformers 3 in an unspecified role. Tudyk is the latest announcement in what's looking to be a diverse cast with John Malkovich, Frances McDormand and Patrick Dempsey having already joined the returning cast. Previously, Tudyk appeared in the original Death at a Funeral, 3:10 to Yuma, Judd Apatow's Knocked Up and Whedon's "Firefly" spin-off Serenity. At this point, othing else is known of the plot for the threequel or what part Tudyk might play.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101148-alan-tudyk-joins-transformers-3

Such conflicting emotions in that paragraph.

Being a bitch comes back to haunt you sometimes.

Earlier this month, Megan Fox was spotted doing previz shots for Transformers 3, but now Variety is reporting that she will not appear as Mikaela in the third installment after all.

Paramount Pictures reportedly decided not to pick up her option as the studio and director Michael Bay want to take the story line in another direction and plan to cast another actress as the love interest for Sam Witwicky, played by Shia LaBeouf. The trade says the decision "was unrelated to a September interview with a British magazine in which Fox compared Bay with Adolf Hitler."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66229

This ended up coming up in chat last night, and I can't say that I'm unhappy about it. On the contrary, the sooner that people realize that she's kinda talentless and a lot more trouble than she's worth, I guarantee you that we'll not be seeing a lot of her.

This ended up coming up in chat last night, and I can't say that I'm unhappy about it. On the contrary, the sooner that people realize that she's kinda talentless and a lot more trouble than she's worth, I guarantee you that we'll not be seeing a lot of her.

Ah. Lindsey Lohan syndrome.

Although to defend both, I think they can do fine in the right roles. Lohan especially was a bright prospect once upon a time.

Ah. Lindsey Lohan syndrome.

Although to defend both, I think they can do fine in the right roles. Lohan especially was a bright prospect once upon a time.

Before she discovered drugs, Lohan was great. She was going to be huge, but ended up another washed up child actor. Fox is a good looking, but untalented actress that thinks she's better than she is. I don't know if that's a good thing in Hollywood or not. She'll get a few roles thrown her way because of the name recognition, but if those fail she'll fade away. She already has one huge failure.

Megan compared her director to "Hitler" and "Napoleon" during an interview with Britain's Wonderland Magazine's September/October 2009 issue.

"He's like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation," Megan said at the time.

"He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is," she continued. "So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward."

Shortly thereafter, members of the "Transformers" crew posted an open letter on the director's site, condemning the actress for her behavior on set, calling Megan, "the grump of the set," as well as "thankless, classless, graceless" and "unfriendly."

The letter was quickly removed and Michael eventually addressed all the comments a short while later.

Source

Though she's totally unprofessional, and probably a bag of dumb for doing it, I kind of respect her for that.

Also, can we please put a can on the "she was too bad an actress" thing for Transformers. Because last I checked there were racist caricatures in robot form so maybe acting isn't paramount for the Transformers franchise.

Paramount Pictures reportedly decided not to pick up her option as the studio and director Michael Bay want to take the story line in another direction and plan to cast another actress as the love interest for Sam Witwicky, played by Shia LaBeouf.

No more useless human characters please. I just want to see robots fight other robots. Is that too much to ask for?

Paramount Pictures reportedly decided not to pick up her option as the studio and director Michael Bay want to take the story line in another direction and plan to cast another actress as the love interest for Sam Witwicky, played by Shia LaBeouf.

No more useless human characters please. I just want to see robots fight other robots. Is that too much to ask for?

As far as I'm concerned the only upside of those human characters is that it gives John Tuturro a big fat paycheque.

Megan compared her director to "Hitler" and "Napoleon" during an interview with Britain's Wonderland Magazine's September/October 2009 issue.

"He's like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation," Megan said at the time.

"He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is," she continued. "So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward."

Shortly thereafter, members of the "Transformers" crew posted an open letter on the director's site, condemning the actress for her behavior on set, calling Megan, "the grump of the set," as well as "thankless, classless, graceless" and "unfriendly."

The letter was quickly removed and Michael eventually addressed all the comments a short while later.

Source

Nononononononono! She QUIT! She said so! See!?!

Fox issued a statement to People magazine last night, saying that she actually left the movie and was not fired. "Megan Fox will not be starring in Transformers 3," her reps told the magazine. "It was her decision not to return. She wishes the franchise the best."

[Cosby]Rrrrrriiiiiight[/Cosby] :rolleyes:

Eh, what she said about Bay is fine, but she had to know there would be a fallout, otherwise she's an idiot.

And Lohan was definitely a talented actress before she went off the deep end. I'm still hopeful of her sorting her shit out, but that would require someone in her inner circle actually caring about Lindsay instead of their own selfish needs.... Maybe a studio could adopt her :)

Why does there have to be a fucking love interest in every action movie? Nobody gives a shit.

It does seem like the hot chicks are there to fulfil some quota, but then I don't remember Bay's other films needing that especially. Maybe he thinks its something specifically for family films.