Transformers 3

JackFetch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TFG1Mike

y'know I'm of the opinion now that it doesn't really matter who the male or female leads are in any transformers live action film. I go to see them for the TRANSFORMERS, the voice acting of the characters, and the explosions. Besides the only time I even liked Fox's character was when she was letting Wheelie hump her leg.

USA Today visited the set of Transformers 3 and got new details on the third film, opening in theaters on July 1, 2011. The newspaper confirmed it will be released in 3D.

Talking about the second film, director Michael Bay said, "I'll take some of the criticism" while standing at a set built to resemble a dilapidated nuclear reactor. "It was very hard to put (the sequel) together that quickly after the writers' strike (of 2007-08)."

Bay said that "This one really builds to a final crescendo. It's not three multiple endings... As a trilogy, it really ends. It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."

"One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy," Bay added. So the twins, "They're basically gone," he said, though John Turturro returns for comic relief.

The newspaper says the new villain will be Shockwave, "the robot cyclops-turned-laser-cannon, who became dictator of their home world of Cybertron after the other Autobots and Decepticons journeyed to Earth."

According to USA Today, "The new film features Sam Witwicky (LaBeouf) taking his first tenuous steps into adulthood while remaining a reluctant human ally of Optimus Prime." "Shia has this great line: 'You know, I've saved the world twice, but I can't get a job,'" producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said.

Transformers 3 centers around the space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA, suggesting there was a hidden Transformers role in it all that remains one of the planet's most dangerous secrets.

"The movie is more of a mystery," Bay says. "It ties in what we know as history growing up as kids with what really happened."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102366-new-transformers-3-details

• 3 months later...
In an article at NASASpaceFlight.com talking about the preparations for the launch of Space Shuttle Discovery at the Kennedy Space Center, it mentions that it looks like Discovery will be appearing in Transformers 3:

Regardless, flashes and bangs of a different nature can be expected at the pad over the coming days, as movie crews film scenes for the Hollywood blockbuster Transformers 3, with Saturday processing information noting work to support filming should proceed as planned over this weekend.

Scenes are expected to be shot at Pad 39A on Wednesday – understood to be timed with Discovery being on show with the RSS retracted, meaning the Shuttle may gain herself some credits in the movie.

Hundreds of extras have received security clearance to be in the grounds of KSC during the filming, while Cape Canaveral sources noted Atlas and Delta resources will also be involved in some scenes. Director Michael Bay had previously filmed at KSC during the making of Armageddon – which involved scenes with Atlantis and Endeavour.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/108227-discovery-looks-to-be-appearing-in-transformers-3

Astrotrain?