The Geek Cast Radio Network

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051
I've got some podcasting catch up to do.

Mike and Nikki's BTTF ep, and some other stuff, so I'll put this on the list Mike.

as long as you get to it at some point that's fine lol.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

We've had 3 episodes release today....

ToonCast Episode 08- M.A.S.K.

Transformers ToyCast:

Episode 07- HotOctaRod and Episode 08- That's Just Prime... hope everyone gives the ToonCast shows a listen.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

ToonCast Titles

Episode 01 The Nintendo Cartoons

Episode 02 Animaniacs

Episode 03 Tiny Toon Adventures

Episode 04 Voltron Lion Force

Episode 05 Thundercats

Episode 06 A Pup Named Scooby Doo

Episode 07 Silverhawks

Episode 08 M.A.S.K.

Episode 09 Dexter's Lab

Episode 10 He-Man & She-Ra

Episode 11 Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers

Episode 12: The Smurfs

Episode 13: The Snorks

ToonCast Interviews- Larry Kenney Voice Of Lion-O and Sonny The CocoPuffs Bird

Episode 14: Jem

Episode 15: TMNT (1987)

Episode 16- DuckTales

Episode 17- TaleSpin (Featuring Derrick Ferguson of Better In The Dark)

Episode 18- Darkwing Duck

Episode 19- The Marvel Cartoons

Episode 20- Looney Tunes

Episode 21- Jetsons/Flintstones

Episode 22- It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Episode 23- Tom & Jerry

Episode 24- ToonCast/MWIRE Crossover: Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Episode 25- G.I. Joe (Sunbow Series)

Episode 26- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Episode 27- ToonCast/MWIRE Crossover: Space Jam

Episode 28- Disney Animation Spotlight: Sleeping Beauty

Episode 29- Disney Animation Spotlight: Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs

Episode 30- A ToonCast Holiday Show

Episode 31- Disney Animation Spotlight: Aladdin Franchise

Episode 32- Disney Animation Spotlight: The Jungle Book

Episode 33- Disney Animation Spotlight: The Sword in the Stone

Episode 34- Disney Animation Spotlight: Oliver And Company

ToonCast Interviews- Tara Strong ... Featuring Guest Co Host: Jenny Seay of Earth-2.net: The Show

Episode 35- Gobots

Episode 36- Be My Valentine Charlie Brown

Episode 37- Clerks The Animated Series

Episode 38- Powerpuff Girls Featuring Jenny Seay of Earth-2.net: The Show

Episode 39- Captain Planet

Episode 40- Hanna Barbera Sportlight: Huckleberry Hound

Episode 41- Hanna Barbera Sportlight: Yogi Bear

ToonCast Voicemail Response (because we have pre recorded a lot of shows Kevin and I wanted to respond to a voicemail before 3 months from now)

Episode 42- Hanna Barbera Sportlight: Quick Draw McGraw

Episode 43- Hanna Barbera Sportlight: Jabberjaw

Episode 44- Hanna Barbera Sportlight: Magilla Gorilla

Episode 45- It's The Easter Beagle Charlie Brown

Episode 46- Hanna Barbera Sportlight: Hong Kong Phooey

Episode 47- Hanna Barbera Sportlight: Captain Caveman

Episode 48- Sonic The Hedgehog

Episode 49- Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog

Interviews- Maurice LaMarche

Episode 50- Inspector Gadget

Episode 51- Care Bears

Episode 52- Underdog

Episode 53- Pound Puppies

Episode 54- Teddy Ruxpin

there's a ton more that we have planned and it's just awesome talking about something other then Transformers sometimes.

RSS Feed

Guest DCAUFan1051

ToonCast's first interview:

I have secured an interview with a very well known 80's cartoon voice actor. I only wish I had this info when we reviewed the 2 cartoons he did voices in. However it's still super awesome. Not gonna say who it is yet, will have more details later in the week.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Since I spilled the beans in another podcast I do I'll go ahead and reveal who the ToonCast Interviewee is..... this is soo superawesome for me because I grew up watching the cartoon he did voices for.

it's Larry Kenney The Voice Of Lion-O and Jakalman from Thundercats. He is also the voice of Sunny The Cocoa Puffs Bird and Count Chocula!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

We now have a toolbar! It's similar to the earth-2.net toolbar.... it has a mp3 player in it so people don't have to download the episodes if they don't want to... you can find it by going here

Guest DCAUFan1051

Last night my co host Kevin and I had the amazing opportunity to interview Larry Kenney... this will be up on the ToonCast Feed hopefully today. It was a great thing to be able to interview him. He is a awesome down to earth person to talk to.... We even got a few promos for ToonCast.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

MWIRE Titles

Episode 00- Introduction

Episode 01- Back To The Future Trilogy

Episode 02- The Naked Gun Films

Episode 03- Big Fat Liar

Episode 04- The Die Hard Films

Episode 05- National Treasure Films

Episode 06- Mission: Impossible Films

Episode 07- Super Troopers

Episode 08- xXx Films

Episode 09- The Bourne Franchise

Episode 10- Marvel Spotlight- X-Men Films

Episode 11- Marvel Spotlight- The Punisher

Episode 12- Marvel Spotlight- Spider-Man Films

Episode 13- Marvel Spotlight- Daredevil & Elektra

Episode 14- Marvel Spotlight- Hulk & The Incredible Hulk

Episode 15- Marvel Spotlight- Iron Man

Episode 16- Marvel Spotlight- Fantastic Four Films

Episode 17- Marvel Spotlight- Ghost Rider(featuring Derrick Ferguson of BITD)

Episode 18- Marvel Spotlight- Nick Fury Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Episode 18.5 MWIRE/ToonCast Crossover: Who Framed Roger Rabbit Featuring Steve "Snowball" Saylor

Episode 19- Can't Hardly Wait

Episode 20- Hackers DVD Commentary

Episode 20.5- MWIRE/ToonCast Crossover Space Jam

Episode 21- A Christmas Story

Episode 22- Jack Frost (Michael Keaton)

Episode 23- Christmas Vacation

Episode 24- Dead Poets Society

Episode 25- DC Spotlight Volume 1: Batman 1989

Episode 26- DC Spotlight Volume 1: Batman Returns

Episode 27- DC Spotlight Volume 1: Batman Forever

Episode 28- DC Spotlight Volume 1: Batman & Robin

Episode 29- DC Spotlight Volume 1: Batman Begins

Episode 30- DC Spotlight Volume 1: The Dark Knight

Episode 31- TMNT Films

Episode 32- Torque DVD Commentary

Episode 33- A League Of Their Own

Episode 33.5- DVD Commentary Transformers: The Movie 1986

Episode 34- Serendipty

Episode 35- Little Big League

Episode 36- Walking Tall

Episode 37- Blast From The Past

Episode 38- The Double O' Kid

Episode 39- The Firm

RSS Feed

If your the type that doesn't want to download and prefer streaming you can stream all the shows at the GeekCast Radio Network

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm looking for a co host this sunday for Episode 19- The Marvel Cartoons. This will feature discussion on X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and mentioning the others as well. All of the marvel shows from the 90's basically. Usually record in the evening between 7-10pm eastern any time during that block is fine. Episodes normally last between 30mins to 2hrs depending on what we'd have to say. Anyone interested PM me.

RE: Episode #17: TALESPIN

I wish I'd known you'd needed a co-host for the episode, Mike, as I would have volunteered my services in a New York Minute. TALESPIN remains one of my favorite cartoons as I'm a major fan of 30's/40's pulps and Saturday morning serials and as you so accurately pointed out, those were influences on the show.

I'm glad you mentioned that TALESPIN is considered to be an unofficial remake of the ABC series "Tales Of The Gold Monkey" There's just too many similar plot elements in both series to be a coincidence. It's also worth mentioning that "Tales Of The Gold Monkey" was one of three series airing on the major networks that all tried to cash in on the popularity of "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" CBS had "bring 'Em Back Alive" with Bruce Boxleitner and NBC had "Gavilan" with Robert Urich.

I think the reason TALESPIN remains so beloved is the variety of stories. Some were out and out screwball comedies, other were straight-up action/adventure. Others were a mix of both. But one thing you always knew about TALESPIN; you were going to have a rollicking good time watching it.

The only quibble I have about this episode is that I would much rather have heard your opinion and impressions of some of the episodes, Mike. Such as the episode where Baloo and Wildcat are trapped inside of an upside-down pyramid and Wildcat's wonky thought processes are uniquely suited to getting them out. Or the two-parter where Baloo and Louie hook up with a pretty archeologist and wind up in the desert trying to save the world from a sonic weapon built in the shape of a giant scarab. And I would have appreciated some information as to why "Plunder And Lightning" was reportedly only aired one time in it's uncut version before being chopped up into a four-parter. You actually sounded bored at times reciting the history and background of the show and while I understand that sort of information is essential you didn't seem to have your heart in it.

But I'm happy about any discussion of TALESPIN at all. Overall I enjoyed the episode. Thanks for some good listenin'!

Guest DCAUFan1051

thanks derrick, I replied to your post in a PM

I'll go ahead and advertise this now.... I'll be potentially looking for a co host for Episode 21- The Flintstones & The Jetsons... this record is in 2 weeks from tonight. I'm not sure if I'll need a co host at that point my regular co host might be back by then. But just putting the feelers out there.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Updated the episode list... kinda running behind 19 will be out late tonight early tomorrow. Also 17 was rerecorded with Better in the Dark's Derrick... great show much improved over my ramblings in the first record. Once the new episode 17 is added just un sub then re sub to get the new episode.

Guest DCAUFan1051

The rerecorded Episode 17 is up as well as this weeks episode..... Episode 19- The Marvel Cartoons

Also putting this out there now.... will need co host or hosts for the following episodes:

Episode 21- The Jetsons & The Flintstones

Episode 23- Tom & Jerry

I usually like to have 2 others and myself, but will max out at 4 people including myself. <---- if that makes no sense I just woke up so forgive the way it's worded.

The halloween ep is set.

Edited by DCAUFan1051

Guest DCAUFan1051

We are celebrating the 20th episode tonight at midnight by discussing the Looney Tunes ahh Golden Age Animation FTW! this episode will be released this wednesday as per usual.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Episode 20 will be out this wednesday.

Is there anyone on here that would like to co host with me on Episode 21- The Flintstones and The Jetsons? I need have it recorded no later then next monday night. Please let me know.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Well I've made some updates to the list at the beginning of the thread.... will be recording Episode 22 on Friday night and Episode 21 saturday morning. Scheduling conflicts had to record them that way.

Episode 22- It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown will air on Halloween instead of the regular wednesday schedule