Wolverine

Missy

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...

I don't think that that synopsis is quite correct. If it is, then there are a lot of plot points left out. (if you haven't read the synopsis, don't highlight the spoiler-text.

-The synopsis makes no mention of the "Logan fights EVERYONE" scenes that we've seen in the trailers. In fact, the "friendly Gambit" part at the end almost seems to contradict the trailer's depiction of him as an antagonist to Logan.

-Everything in the previews seems to suggest a Wolverine/Sabretooth ending fight (after the adamantium), but that's the exact opposite of the synopsis, which shows them to be allies after Logan gets his metal claws.

-If Deadpool is turned into a multi-powered super-mutant (as he likely is) but gets his HEAD cut off in the end, how exactly does that gel with the studios' supposed plans to have a Deadpool spin-off film? Are they going to clone him? Maybe he "dies" but regenerates without his other powers? We've actually seen toys of Wade Wilson all scarred up like he is in the comics; maybe this multi-powered version of him is not truly Wade, but someone else with his codename? (like Snake in Metal Gear Solid)

-The "magic bullet" thing actually does makes sense, as Logan's brain is the one thing that doesn't regenerate the same way.

That synopsis is so laughably bad, if even a tenth of that is true this movie will suck hard.

At this point, I'm just happy to have a film that's fun to watch. Continuity is already screwed up after X-men 3.

I think that the idea of

harvesting mutants for their powers makes sense; I kinda like that.

That synopsis is so laughably bad, if even a tenth of that is true this movie will suck hard.

At this point, I'm just happy to have a film that's fun to watch. Continuity is already screwed up after X-men 3.

I think that the idea of

In the original version Weapon XI is a bunch of clones of Sabertooth with both his and Logan's powers. That makes more sense to me since they are both part of the program.

Speaking of continuity, Cyclops and Logan can't meet in this movie can they? Otherwise Cyclops would remember him in the first movie right?

I think that the idea of

In the original version Weapon XI is a bunch of clones of Sabertooth with both his and Logan's powers. That makes more sense to me since they are both part of the program.

Speaking of continuity, Cyclops and Logan can't meet in this movie can they? Otherwise Cyclops would remember him in the first movie right?

If Logan's memory was wiped its safe to say that Cyclops' could have been.

I'm a little more confused by the time period that has passed. So say Cyke is about 16 in this film, that means that 20 years later when the next film comes around he is 36. Really? Professor X really trained just Cyke, Jean and Storm during those 20 years? By the time Cyke is 21 there should be two younger classes of mutants already at the school. They are definitly playing it fast and loose with the continuity to shoe-horn Summers in here.

But that shouldn't matter if this is a prequel.

I've kept away from the spoilers/synopsis, but even if this film is terrible, still expect it to draw pretty heavily as it's in Marvel's favourite early May slot. And Spider-Man 3 is still one of the most successful CBMs in history, so quality isn't neccessarily going to matter as long as it draws top dollar.

• 2 weeks later...
Do yourselves a favor and don't watch the pirated version. Not because it might suck(or not), but because it isn't finished. You can watch it and tell it's not done.

Kind of the definition of a workprint.

No shit.

The Hulk workprint was completely done except for 2 fx shots. This one is missing whole scenes, not just fx shots and some voice overs. It's also almost 2 hours with scenes missing so who knows how much will get cut.

Regardless I liked it and can't wait for the finished version. The fanboy tears just make me laugh.

More specifically, is it like the screening synopsis that I came across?

Yes. I know everyone is focusing on the

Deadpool/Weapon XI stuff, but the first half is very good. Gambit is terrible in my opinion, but I've never been a Gambit fan. I think the actor is wrong for the part. Sabertooth is amazing. I really liked Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and don't understand why they didn't use him as Weapon XI.

One of things I was surprised about was the amount of cursing and nudity. I don't know if it's been officially rated yet, but a lot of that will need to be cut.

Rob Zombie's Halloween workprint was better than the finished product.

I never saw the finished movie after I heard they took the rape scene out. That scene was vital to his escape and made sense.

I'm watching the film now, anyone want the link to the site. Its crystal clear, like off a DVD clear. So far, its pretty good, Liev Schreiber is turning out to be quite good in Tyler Mane's role.

It doesn't take much. Because Tyler Mane's "role" involved standing and looking tough.