Wolverine

Missy

Ok i went to go see this movie with a couple of friends last Tuesday and was very confused and upset

First off why

did wolverine and sabertooth fight in the AMERICAN civil war ? and also why did Wolverine have bone claws , i've been reading the comics since the early 90's and i never heard of bone claws. Did i miss an issue or two ?

i just really didn't like this film. Some of the special effects looked terrible, like when he first takes out his claws it looks like a cartoon. I don't like being negative about things but i was a bit bummed out after watching this.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i went to go see this movie with a couple of friends last Tuesday and was very confused and upset

First off why

did wolverine and sabertooth fight in the AMERICAN civil war ? and also why did Wolverine have bone claws , i've been reading the comics since the early 90's and i never heard of bone claws. Did i miss an issue or two ?

i just really didn't like this film. Some of the special effects looked terrible, like when he first takes out his claws it looks like a cartoon. I don't like being negative about things but i was a bit bummed out after watching this.

Uh, Wolverine had his adamantium ripped out of him in the early 90s by Magneto, and I’m pretty sure he carried on that way for a few years. I think there’s been a few stories since then that have featured the bone claw Wolverine too.

Really ? man i have got to brush up on that. I thought they just through that in for the movie. What was the name of the story were that happened, has it been released in a trade. Because i have dipped in and out of them over the past few years, but i thought i had most of it covered.

Also the point about hunters wanting to kill is pretty darn good, i wish i had thought about that. It does make sense i couldn't see Wolverine and Sabertooth building model ships and playing board games together for 100 years. Although just the thought of it makes me chuckle a little bit. :laugh:

Really? man i have got to brush up on that. I thought they just through that in for the movie. What was the name of the story were that happened, has it been released in a trade. Because i have dipped in and out of them over the past few years, but i thought i had most of it covered.

It happened in X-men #25 (1993) for the conclusion of the storyline “Fatal Attractions”. No idea if it’s been released in a trade, but I’d assume so since it’s a pretty major storyline for the X-Men.

I completely agree with you about the special effects by the way. It looked like Wolverine had shiny plastic swords attached to his hands. The whole thing was a bit of a clusterfuck, which is what I was expecting, but I was also hoping I’d still have fun with it.

Really? man i have got to brush up on that. I thought they just through that in for the movie. What was the name of the story were that happened, has it been released in a trade. Because i have dipped in and out of them over the past few years, but i thought i had most of it covered.

It happened in X-men #25 (1993) for the conclusion of the storyline “Fatal Attractions”. No idea if it’s been released in a trade, but I’d assume so since it’s a pretty major storyline for the X-Men.

I completely agree with you about the special effects by the way. It looked like Wolverine had shiny plastic swords attached to his hands. The whole thing was a bit of a clusterfuck, which is what I was expecting, but I was also hoping I’d still have fun with it.

Cool thanks for the info, im going to see if the local comic shop has it. I've got to go there anyway they finally got some more copies of the Star Trek movie countdown.

My biggest problem with it is how old it makes both of them. And this is a general trend lately, if Wolverine doesn't age at all, stories like Days of Future Past and Old Man Logan really can't happen.

That's how old he is in the comics also. Half the stuff about Logan doesn't make sense or contradicts other stuff.

Fatal Attractions was traded a long time ago, but the book is out of print. If you want to look for the issues, it collects:

X-Factor (v.1) #92

X-Force (v.1) #25

Uncanny X-Men #304

X-Men (v.2) #25

Wolverine (v.2) #75

Excalibur (v.1) #71

They all have card-size holograms on the cover, so they're easy to spot.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

A slight bump only because I just got done watching it and I'm taking it back to RedBox. I thought it was ok, I liked how they prove the fact that Logan is way older then the professor. Can someone either explain here or in a PM why everyone thinks Deadpool got screwed over? Overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Not a bad $1 rental. I probably won't own it though.

A slight bump only because I just got done watching it and I'm taking it back to RedBox. I thought it was ok, I liked how they prove the fact that Logan is way older then the professor. Can someone either explain here or in a PM why everyone thinks Deadpool got screwed over? Overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Not a bad $1 rental. I probably won't own it though.

I think everyone is mad because they took Deadpool, and turned him into Baraka from Mortal Kombat, and then killed him off. They never explained how the sequel would work since he was decapitated and mutated beyond recognition.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I think everyone is mad because they took Deadpool, and turned him into Baraka from Mortal Kombat, and then killed him off. They never explained how the sequel would work since he was decapitated and mutated beyond recognition.

ahh ok... could it be that the deadpool movie just shows his origins or tells a different story besides the events that happen in this one?