Wolverine

Missy

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Gambit, Sabretooth, Wolvie and Deadpool will get screentime, everyone else?

Meh.

Don't be disappointed if one of those barely get any screentime.

G-Gambit?

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. There are a lot of people assuming he's one of the main stars, and taking quotes possibly out of context from Hugh Jackman. I can tell you that the character was originally not in the movie.

Define "bastardize" because, Hugh Jackman hate aside, Wolverine was done really well in the movies.

He cannot be Wolverine if he is six duece. There's no way. Wolverine is 5'3", and that's one of the distinctive characteristics of Wolverine. He's the shortest adult male X-Men. Also, they took away his costume. The only possible true arguement they have for not giving him his costume in this spin-off because of days as a non X-Men member, in which he didn't wear a costume in the Weapon X stories if that's what their drawing from. And the costume they did use for the X-Men movies was in poor taste.

It doesn't matter anyways. It ain't Wolverine. It takes more than growling and slashing to play the role of Wolverine.

Ultimate Wolverine is a fraction of the classic Marvel Universe Wolverine, which is probably why they went the direction they did cause they couldn't do it right.

I'll give you a little leeway regarding Wolverine's gold and blue costume. The brown and orange costume though is doable.

Regarding Sabretooth in this film, it looks bad. I just think back to those pathetic fight scenes in X-Men between Wolverine and Sabretooth. They didn't even come close to the fight scenes in the animated series that Wolverine and Sabretooth had.

From what I've seen of the trailer, which was in low quality, and some of the images of Sabretooth, it's looks pretty bad. There is no real way to save this film from being a complete bastardization.

I guess I can't blame Hugh entirely though because of his build, however, they couldn't use some sort of techniques to make it appear that he is at least close to what Wolverine looks like. A six duece, black leather wearin' typical badass isn't representing Wolverine from the comics at all.

They really need to make the next Wolverine a musical. It can be all about how Logan has wanted to become a ballet dancer, but was held back because of his love for singing while dancing (and that he kept killing the other students). The final confrontation could be Wolvie and Sabertooth having a dance off, and after Wolvie wins by perfectly executing a double lariat twist, he finally gains that dancing scholarship that he’s been fighting for his whole life.

Wolverine can be played by basketball sensation Yao Ming. I think Luke Perry would be a great Sabertooth.

They really need to make the next Wolverine a musical. It can be all about how Logan has wanted to become a ballet dancer, but was held back because of his love for singing while dancing (and that he kept killing the other students). The final confrontation could be Wolvie and Sabertooth having a dance off, and after Wolvie wins by perfectly executing a double lariat twist, he finally gains that dancing scholarship that he’s been fighting for his whole life.

Wolverine can be played by basketball sensation Yao Ming. I think Luke Perry would be a great Sabertooth.

Dammit AJR stop stealing my ideas!

Besides everyone knows Nathan Lane SHOULD be playing Wolverine!

• 1 month later...
We have officially confirmed with 20th Century Fox that the first trailer for Wolverine will hit theaters with the studio's The Day the Earth Stood Still on December 12. The trailer will be exclusively available in theaters and will not debut online or on TV until some time later. Be sure to check your local paper or online for theater listings!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7842

We have officially confirmed with 20th Century Fox that the first trailer for Wolverine will hit theaters with the studio's The Day the Earth Stood Still on December 12. The trailer will be exclusively available in theaters and will not debut online until someone with a video camera gets back from the theater. Be sure to check your local paper or online for theater listings!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7842

Fixed.