Best/Worst Bond parody or ripoff

SteveJRogers

Just thought I'd get a thread like this started.

FWIW, a great Bond parody of sorts is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's Bashir, Julian Bashir!

From two seperate episodes, the first "Our Man Bashir" is a full on classic 60s spy movies romp, and another, I forget which one off hand, has Dr. Bashir, Dax and O'Brien in a B-story type of thing (not really a B-plot, probably more filler) having another spy adventure in the holodeck.

Mike sent me that but I couldn't get it to play initially and forgot about it. Will give it a go when I have some free time.

Whilst I was away over the past couple of days, I did get the chance to watch The Bourne Identity, and it wasn't half bad. That said, I'm not sure it directly compares to the Bond series so I'm not sure why Matt Damon makes such a big thing about it. One to be debated, I guess.

With regards to well-known spy franchises, I haven't seen Flint or the Man from UNCLE, but I do have the Austin Powers films, and I rate them on a sliding scale. The first is a dead-on parody, the second is a more assured film with its own identity, the third just sucks, celebrity cameos aside.

Any of the James Bond parodies they did always cracked me up. Specifically the deleted scene to $pringfield or "How I learned to stop worrying and love legalized gambling" when James "Bont" is against Blofeld, Jaws and Oddjob in Blackjack and he draws a joker which Homer should've taken out of the deck, and the villains then just carry him off.

Also worth mentioning the the entire episode "You Only Move Twice" where Homer stops Bont from escaping and he's immediatley killed.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I've always had an affinity for the Flint movies, "Our Man Flint" and "In Like Flint", if only because of James Coburn's note-perfect performance as the unflappable agent Derek Flint in ludicrous stories that are largely played straight....