The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Boss at work give me a talking to today, about ten minutes before I leave. I'm not embracing the new direction enough or somesuch. Not really anything too heavy in reality. But, me being me, would have rather heard this to start the shift so I could 'do better' or whatever. Now I sit here and cannot get my mind off of it and probably will bug me all weekend. All weekend when I cannot do anything about it. Way to ruin my weekend.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newest manager we have at my store annoys everyone. Several weeks ago, I told her that I was shorted 2 hours on my schedule for that week (since I am fulltime, they owe me 40 hours per week) and I was going to forego my break to make up some of the time they shorted me. She pulled me aside moments later and said in the future to phrase that in the form of a request. As if I was inconveniencing them or doing something outlandish. It's not like I was saying, "I'm taking a break. See ya." I was saying I'll just stay working to make up time that THEY shorted me. So, apparently, the message I gathered from that is I have to ask permission for my 40 hours.

There's a weird thing where sometimes you're not "supposed to" work more than 40 hours in a week and have it not be overtime, even if it's to make up for a previous week. It has to do with various states' laws about such things.

Oh, I know. I'm talking about making up time they didn't give me in that particular week. I just wanted my 40, so I was skipping my break to make up time they shorted me.

My roomie recently got a new 360 since the old one died. He switched all the files over to the new hard drive so I go to play some Bioshock this morning and it asks for my Live ID. I haven't had to use the thing in like two years so I can't remember it. I go to support to recover it, get what is obviously a bot, and just get the run around to call support. So, yeah, thanks Microsoft for reminding me of why I have grown to prefer Sony over your sorry asses.

Update: Called the phone line, they got it taken care of. For some reason I used an e-mail that I never use for anything else.Regardless, still annoying that in this day and age you have to call a phone line to get an e-mail.

Internet, I appeal to your infinite wisdom: over the past two days Michelle has recieved fifty (50) fucking unsolicited phone calls from this number: 25290717810. It's not an American number, and we try to to call it back and it fails. Verizon can't block it, because it's international. Outside of changing her number, which we'd prefer to avoid, is there anything we can do?

I should mention, when she does answer, all she gets is static and some foriegn lady saying "Hello," over and over.

Yeah roomie, I know you want our other roomie's share of the rent. You have his number.Why don't you text him a reminder instead of asking me to do it?

Also, while you're at it, make up your goddamn mind if you're going to be moving out at the end of next month or not so we can lock in someone else to take your place or so we can at least start looking at other apartments if necessary. I know you're a narcissistic asshole closet-case. Still no excuse for you to fucking leaving us hanging.

My brother asked me to buy him something on eBay, which I stupidly did, he only gave me part of the money for it, saying he'd give me the rest when it came, I said fine, and I'd call him when the CD he'd bought came.

Here's where the fun starts: He calls every day, for two weeks, asking if it was there yet. It wasn't just one call, no he'd do frantic calls, then when I answered the phone, he'd hang up, wanting me to call him back, so it doesn't cost him money. Then finally, the CD shows up, and I'm not there, so the next day, I ask my mum if his CD came, and she said yes, and he came and got it yesterday.

It's so nice when you do something for other people, and they will bother the hell out of you until they have what they want, then you can just fuck off for all they care. Show's how much consideration he has for other people, as he's done this in the past. This all, on top of just last month, him calling my phone over a dozen times in the space of ten minutes, and leaving a "Call me back, it's an emergency!" message, just to ask if I'd lend him a DVD.

Sometimes, I really hate people.

So, I just got off the phone with my ISP and found out I was lied to by tech support when they told me I was in an area with an outage. I guess that's what you get when you farm out your tech support to some other company who could care less about your customers. I'm going to buy a new modem and it should be fixed tomorrow.

A moment in the life of Damien.

Damien meets a lady.

Said lady seems intelligent, well-adjusted, and quite easy on the eyes.

Damien spends a certain amount of time with the lady, be it weeks, maybe even months, trying to court her.

A point is reached where it appears the lady is ready to step up to the booth and buy a season pass to Dubs Land.

Shortly before this moment, it's revealed to Damien that the lady has a boyfriend/has several boyfriends/has a girlfriend/thinks she's a vampire/thinks everyone but her is a vampire/thinks lizard aliens run the world via shadow government/is a drug dealer/has a vomit fetish/is an extreme racist/lives with people that play strip Yahtzee/ is a compulsive liar that just made up everything she's told him the past few months.

Damien punches a wall and swears he'll never fall into this trap again.

This has been a moment in the life of Damien.