The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my eBay auctions ended at 99 cents. I didn't bother putting a reserve on it because I honestly never thought such a thing would happen.

It's literally costing me more money to send it out than it would have if I'd just thrown the comics away.

• 2 weeks later...

So, as you know, we had a little bit of a snowpocalypse out here yesterday, and my workplace shut down, which is very rare. So, this morning, it's open up again, but the busses aren't running, thus eliminating the way that most of us get into work. We are expected to cab it in. ...Time to talk to the boss about working from home, cause fuck them, I'm not paying for a cab, and walking in is not an option.

EDIT: Yay, they're letting us work from home!

Congratulations, random Facebook person! You, yes YOU, have made the funniest, most original joke about how the world didn't end today! We may have had to wade through a trillion lesser observations about the Mayan apocalypse to get to it, but yours shines forth like a beacon! Congratulations again, random Facebook user, and know that you are a valuable contributor to everyone's day!

I have to start this by saying, I don't really care if people smoke, most of the time, but for gods sake, please will smokers have some courtesy. If you are in the middle of a busy street, with thousands of people around you, who don't smoke, now is not a good time to light up, and blow your smoke into the air, so my clothes stink of it as well, don't stand in front of fucking shops smoking, if I want to get into or past it, I don't like to have to go through a wall of smoke, and again, have a stink of tobacco on my clothes, because you like to smoke.

Most of them don't even actually smoke the cigarettes they have, in these crowded situations, they usually have them hanging out of there hand, letting the smoke and ash drip off onto other people. So, from myself, to these few pricks, who pretty much tar all smokers with their annoyances, go fuck yourself.

Note to people: The bank queue, does not start at the doors to the bank, the bank queue starts where it says wait here. Where you were standing, is a fire hazard, you dick. And now that you have sorted your crap out, and a queue has now formed in front of you, does not give you the right, or privilege to skip past everyone who waited properly, because at the exact moment you realise you wanted to be in the queue, the tellers are available, you massive, fucking tool.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're trying to watch anything on The Daily Show's website, you WILL see an MTV mini-ad in which Will.i.am (I hate that I typed that in that way) is asked how he'd like to b remembered. He answers that that implies he's stopped being creative/relevant, and would rather that he was never forgotten so that he, Will.i.am, always stayed relevant.

I'm so glad I don't watch MTV. I'm so sad that I have to suffer this bullshit due to Viacom owning both MTV & Comedy Central.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, body. Decide if it's a low-grade fever, sinusy-type things, or whatever so I can figure out what the hell to throw at you to stop it, the boss is back in Weds after a month out and I need to be ready to deal with her.

Also, hey, family drama, you can calm down any time now. Really.

Gah. Thanks to the snow and idiot drivers it took 2 hours to get into work today (which involved abandoning my car and walking since I'm one of the idiots). Just as I arrived everyone else left, since they had nothing to do. I on the other hand being fond of self-flaggellation picked up a huge amount of steel in two runs, loading and offloading it by myself. Total weight of the steel- around 2.5 tons, lifted both onto and off of my truck. So I lifted around 5 tons today, which is about two and a half Land Rovers.

I am utterly fucking knackered.

Dear everyone in the con hotel:

A third layer of Axe Body Spray is not the same thing as a shower.

Also, it's quite crowded and the elevators are slow. Freaking out about how long it is taking to get to the lobby is not going to make them go faster. You are not late for surgery. Calm down.

Yours,

Me

Here's a suitably mundane grumble!

Straight out of work, I catch the first of two trains to take me to Manchester for my training session at head office. I disembark to find my connecting train has been cancelled, so I have an hour in York to grab some dinner. With the time pressure taking priority over quality eaterie, I ducked into a Yates's. Quite the mistake. I proceeded to consume one of the worst lasagnes I've ever had. Back to the station, my replacement train has no announcer (although the train manager was stringently on hand to check tickets), and I may have to face the 90 minute journey without a beer.

Life is hard in the first world.