The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually his History of Power Rangers stuff is the only thing I still actually make a point to watch from that place. Haven't checked much else out from it in years. Beyond that it was just Doug Walker who played out Nostalgia Critic to a natural end point....only to trot it back out when he realized his new ambitious project was a flop. That said when the book is finally written on that place I'd like to read it.

Actually his History of Power Rangers stuff is the only thing I still actually make a point to watch from that place. Haven't checked much else out from it in years. Beyond that it was just Doug Walker who played out Nostalgia Critic to a natural end point....only to trot it back out when he realized his new ambitious project was a flop. That said when the book is finally written on that place I'd like to read it.

This, basically.

Anything I could say about Linkara or the rest of that group would just be coated with unhealthy amounts of jealousy. To their credit, they've managed to build a loyal audience without targeting the lowest common denominator. I can't discredit that just because they also happen to be a bunch of failed filmmakers.

I'm a failed lot's of things and I don't have an audience.

Channel awesome just feels too overwhelming. I usually look for the reviews on blip.tv. I enjoy Linkara and SF Debris (wort's and all). I even watch some Spoony Experiment even though I disagree with his comments on Religion.

Red Lettter Media Rocks!!

I could bellyache about James Rolfe's movie but I actually found it entertaining. I haven't realized how much i miss practical effects in a world where theatrical releases seem to have a "3D-CGI or GTFO" policy. Frankly I do not mind a fanservice fest if it is funded by the fans. At least it is not a movie I paid $20 to see product placement gurus like Michael Bay and Adam Sandler inform me why I am unfulfilled for being lower middle class.

The two people on Channel Awesome that I would say are worth watching on a regular basis at this point are Todd in The Shadows and Oancitizen. Both legitimately look at topics critically while also being able to be funny. Todd alternates with current pop music and looking back at one hit wonders. Oancitizen looks at mostly Independent and Art Films.

As for Linkara, I liked him at first but then he started to do these long, drawn out plot lines that overshadowed a review of a terrible Kool-Aid Man comic. I kinda started to blank him out at this point.

• 2 months later...

Every once in a while you have those nights where you're up super late for no good reason and then you wake up at your normal time despite being able to sleep in because it's so engrained in your body.

Long story short Im running on five hours of sleep for no good reason and would appreciate a caffeine IV plzkthnx.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've been visiting the family in Montana for the last week in Montana. I've been bored out of my mind but at least I haven't wanted to break things. It's been relaxing and which is kind what I really need. Plus, plenty of time to get some writing done.

My dad at first wanted to take my mom and I to Glacier National Park. It's a four hour drive, simple and clean. There's been a forest fire for the last week so that's a no go. So, instead, he decides we're going to Yellow Stone which, while 5 hours according to Google Maps, is still alright. Fun, right?

He decides we're taking the scenic route, not planning on where we're staying for the night, and we're going into the park from Wyoming. Also, we have an annoying, yapping dog with us and my 3 year old niece who is just terrible. We were driving for 14 hours today before stopping at a motel in bum fuck nowhere with still over three hours of driving before we get to Yellow Stone tomorrow. So yeah, all that relaxation? Gone and Saturday when I get on the train can't come soon enough. Plus, my laptop is at my dad's so I can't even get any writing done tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Never talk about your fantasy team. No one cares. True, but I am annoyed.

Fantasy Football is coming up. Working out all the details of all the leagues and whatnot. In multiple leagues with the same core people so scheduling can be a bitch. We normally work it out.

Our main (and longest lasting) league has been trying to get together a live, in person, no computer, big board on the wall draft together since the first year. It has never happened. The main sticking point has been one founding member being in the military and being elsewhere. Well he is back now. Last week, as group message went out and 8/10 of us all agreed to FINALLY get this done. Military guy is in and committed to showing up. Only thing that needed finalized was the time. Stupidly thinking the other two were locks.

Now, a founding member is throwing what amounts to a hissyfit because we are changing rules and unfair this and unfair that. Excuse after excuse. If any of the excuses were valid, then I'd sympathize. But no, bullshit reasons. My favorite was 'if it was for money I'd be there, but since it is not, cannot happen.' So basically it boils down to "I don't want to. Wha!".

Now the ultimatums are coming. Serious, fuck off now.

• 2 weeks later...