The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Your normal warranty is out. However, Microsoft pretty much covers red rings indefinitely. Just wrap your 360 in a blanket, leave it on over night, and you'll have yourself a red ring. Just call Microsoft first, just to be safe though.

That wouldn't work since they don't send you a new system. They would fix the red ring, and I would be right back where I am now.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I see is how to get it hot enough. It freezes when a game is going and it won't get hot enough just on the dashboard, even with a towel.

Cover it in at least three towels, making sure to cover all the air holes. Put it outside in the sun if you have to. As long as it's turned on (doesn't even need to be playing a game), it should redring eventually. I'd try leaving it on all day long like that, every day until it dies.

So, my roommate's girlfriend a few weeks back chews me out for using some of her bread. I go to make dinner today and my entire bottle of Italian dressing is gone. I had barely used any of it and I know my other roomie wouldn't have used it all up so that leaves her and the boyfriend. So, I have to walk the half hour to the grocery right now so I can pick up a new bottle and a black marker so I can start labeling my stuff.

Back home in Clear Lake, (we have better radio in Ripon) our only Alternative Rock station was reformatted over the summer to a "Bob" station, which is a cute way of saying, "We're sick of playing DJs, we're just going to put our iTunes on shuffle, and see what happens." I was heartbroken. In short, I feel your pain, DCAU.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Thanks Preston... really I don't listen to radio that much anymore, but knowing that it's there is awesome. I used to listen to said station in the car with my mom all the time. But to know that fraggin talk radio is taking over FM is godawful to me.

Guest DCAUFan1051

So I ordered lunch through papa johns online and they call me to tell me they have no 2 liters of diet coke. They ask if they can bring me 4 20oz bottles instead..... uh no find a way to bring me what the fuck I paid for!

It should have said on the website that my local store that delivers to me didn't have any. But nooooo that would make too much goddamn sense!!

Well, first major stumbling block for ZTHURN: AMJ. Ripon turned down our application to use model weapons in filming. So, in short, no guns. On the plus side, I've edited the script, and it really does add a sense of danger, as all combat has become close combat. It works really nicely, actually, so even though I'm a bit bummed, it may actually be a blessing in disguise.

While in line to buy Scribblenauts some random guy told me "you know there is already a version of that on the DS". I have had two DS's and a DSi so I was confused by this. His wife/sister said "he's the gaming lord", and I actually couldn't help but laugh thinking this is going to be fun. I said I have had a DS before and have no idea what he means. He said "the DS has a chat program called Pictochat", and I laughed again explaining this isn't a chat game and went about my business laughing the whole time. A so called "gaming God" that has never heard of the most anticipated game of the year for the DS, and actually confused it with Pictochat.

If you are going to go out of your way to annoy me, at least know what the fuck you are talking about. This is the reason I wear headphones while shopping. Most people have no clue what they are talking about, and I don't want to listen to them.

While in line to buy Scribblenauts some random guy told me "you know there is already a version of that on the DS". I have had two DS's and a DSi so I was confused by this. His wife/sister said "he's the gaming lord", and I actually couldn't help but laugh thinking this is going to be fun. I said I have had a DS before and have no idea what he means. He said "the DS has a chat program called Pictochat", and I laughed again explaining this isn't a chat game and went about my business laughing the whole time. A so called "gaming God" that has never heard of the most anticipated game of the year for the DS, and actually confused it with Pictochat.

If you are going to go out of your way to annoy me, at least know what the fuck you are talking about. This is the reason I wear headphones while shopping. Most people have no clue what they are talking about, and I don't want to listen to them.

I HATE people like that. I always take the time to calmly and intelligently explain to them why they are wrong. I don't shove it in their face, but the sheer shame of being wrong when they were so sure they were right is enough for me.