The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the same reason a dorm shaped like a can with about twentyish girls (or boys, depending on the floor) on each floor has only two showers on each floor and three washers and dryers and my ex-frat-house-and-current-residence only has one shower per floor and one washer and dryer. Poor fucking planning.

I've gotten about 7 hours of sleep per night for the past 4 days and I can't function properly. I totally messed up on my French oral presentation yesterday, couldn't remember a bunch of AP US History stuff for my reading quiz today, and now apparently can't do the basic physics which we've been learning for the past month. I have a physics test tomorrow. (Another problem: I am online when I should be studying more. Hmm.)

I know people who go to bed at 1am every day and I can't fall asleep at 11 without dying? Dammit.

I volunteered to teach both Law 12 and History 12 on top of English 10-12, Communications 12, Writing 12, and Journalism 12.

It's going to be a busy year. I now have to go and read the Law textbook so that i know what the fuck I'm doing...and find a History book.

Wait, Canada has laws and a history? Holy shit, I thought it was do whatever the mounties tell you to do or else Queen Elizabeth will kill you where you stand. Well, you do learn new things everyday.

I volunteered to teach both Law 12 and History 12 on top of English 10-12, Communications 12, Writing 12, and Journalism 12.

It's going to be a busy year. I now have to go and read the Law textbook so that i know what the fuck I'm doing...and find a History book.

Wait, Canada has laws and a history? Holy shit, I thought it was do whatever the mounties tell you to do or else Queen Elizabeth will kill you where you stand. Well, you do learn new things everyday.

Actually, that is exactly what Commonwealth countries have to do. She's a spry old bird, the Queen.

Not having the internet at home is terrible. As much as the libraries in Newcastle rule, I can't wait for my uni house to get connected on Sunday. As soon as that's sorted, I can look into Skype recording FYEO #18 for one thing.

Actually, that is exactly what Commonwealth countries have to do. She's a spry old bird, the Queen.

Its true. People are all down on inbreeding but they never talk about the upside of genetic defects. I mean, for every pale youth with haemophilia you get a girl who has a 60ft leap and poison talons on her feet. You think the Queen needs a shotgun and a staff to go hunting, think again, she single handedly controls the deer population of this nation. If it wasn't for her they'd be everywhere like the foxes. Of course foxes are the only thing she fears, thats why the toffs fought so hard to keep foxhunting, its a ritual thing demonstrating their service, it goes back to when the Saxe-Coburgs first took over the gig.

Dropped the kids off at daycare this morning and someone had left a pamphlet (ie: sharpie written on paper and then photocopied) urging people not to get their children immunized against H1N1. Now, I'm not a proponent of immunizations or anything and don't plan to get my children iummunized, but the thing said things like "H1N1 and its immunization were created in German eugenics labs in the 1930s and 1940s. Do you want a Nazi bioweapon injected into your child's arm?"

The best part about it is that it ended with the following url: www.davidicke.com

That's exactly what the world needs, tips on parenting from a guy who believes the world is run by lizards that live in the center of the earth...

I feel like this week was God's way of telling me that nationalized health care is a good thing. First I had an ear ache. That starts to get better but I get a terrible cold in the process. Then as that gets better, the ear ache comes back and I have times where I consider stabbing myself in the hand so that I can focus on a different pain for a moment. So, that starts to get better then one of my wisdom teeth starts acting up and I'm awake at 2:42 waiting for my fucking aspirin to kick in. I have no money to go to the doctor/dentist to even get a prescription for some actual painkillers. Fun times really.

So, to try and get a solid nine hours of sleep, I go to bed around 11 yesterday. Assholes in the hall keep me up until about 1 in the morning. Around that time, I finally pass out. And then I got woken up by the janitors, who were being hellishly loud, at 5:30 in the morning, managed to get back to sleep around 7, and just woke up now.

Is it so much to ask to get a decent night's sleep?

It's 6:15PM on Friday.

I have my graded project plan due on Tuesday.

My lecturer did not get in contact with me all week about my project and feedback, she has had the project since monday morning, and told me on Tuesday she'd read it that afternoon. No word back.

I sent an e-mail yesterday asking about it, no reply.

So, fuck.

I did extra work on my own anyway, so, the only reason I'm going to scream is if I fail this.

My project was due today, but it was a holiday, so I e-mailed it in.

Now I have to hope she accepts that.

Even if she does, I'm going to print off and hand in another one to her just in case.

Also, trying to work out what a bank means by interest and stuff is giving me a fucking headache and transfers at ends of periods is giving me a fucking headache.

I need a second job, especially if I'm going to make it through December and January. This is a cold, hard fact. So I recently applied to Target for a few positions -- open positions, I might add -- including cashier. Today I got this e-mail from the company:

Thank you for taking the time to apply with us. We are unable to offer you a position at this time, but we do appreciate your interest in Target.

Yeah, I don't feel like a loser. <_<

I need a second job, especially if I'm going to make it through December and January. This is a cold, hard fact. So I recently applied to Target for a few positions -- open positions, I might add -- including cashier. Today I got this e-mail from the company:

Thank you for taking the time to apply with us. We are unable to offer you a position at this time, but we do appreciate your interest in Target.

Don't worry about it. Target's hiring habits are very very weird. Besides, they like to put cute young women at cashier desks, so maybe you should be glad they didn't see you as quite right for that position. :P

Try Starbucks.

Though I realize most places want young, attractive woman as cashiers, the point remains that I can't even get hired for a position like that.

As for Starbucks, no. My memory sucks. There's no way I could remember even one drink at a time, let alone when someone arrives with an order for an entire office.

Dude, I failed a job interview for Tesco back in the day. TESCO. You have to be REALLY horrible in an interview to not get a job there.

Target's AI-based hiring sucks. I'm sorry 'bout that, Mike. (Which reminds me, I need to start looking for a winter job. oO)

Dear Lovely Frat-Remnant/Football Neighbors and Janitor-Type Persons:

Stunningly enough, between the hours of 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning, people are, in fact, trying to SLEEP, especially if they've just been up till about 1 trying to do homework. So, your loud, annoying conversations as you're going off to what I assume is practice, the way you're sure to passive-agressively loudly take out the recyclables and garbage, and the fact that you left your loud, annoying cell phone ringer on and proceeded to have a yelling conversation with someone, are very, VERY much not appreciated.

No love and increasingly sleep-deprived,

~Me

Dude, I failed a job interview for Tesco back in the day. TESCO. You have to be REALLY horrible in an interview to not get a job there.

I failed at getting a job in a nighttime call centre, cause when asked, why do I want to work nights

It frees up my day for other stuff.

Stunningly enough, between the hours of 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning, people are, in fact, trying to SLEEP

If you want to sleep late, Wisconsin is the last state you'd want to be in. Too much farming heritage.

Bullshit. I grew up on a farm and I sleep more than most people.