The minor annoyances thread

Missy

In four days I will have officially been single for a year now. The fact that I know this should be a good indication of how little I've progressed since then.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dubs, dear, count yourself lucky that you've at least had any relationship recently. I haven't been in a relationship for running two years now, possibly three, and it's never lasted more than six months, almost always with the guy saying he wants to be just friends and moving on to the next hot piece of ass.

Sorry, is my bitterness showing?

I’ve been in a relationship for four years now. It’s been pretty good.

Anyways, I recently agreed to start work in another office for a few months, and I’m a little worried. It kind of throws a wrench in our regular routine, and the work I’ll be doing doesn’t exactly excite me. In fact, work in general just doesn’t interest me anymore. At times I wish I buckled down at school and decided to do something creative instead. I’m making more than most people I know at my age, but I don’t want to be drafting my whole life.

So, apparently my Mac's power adapter is having issues where I have to angle the cable in order to get it to charge/retain charge. After talking to Mac tech supposrt and looking on the Apple website, it appears this is a fairly common happening, and I can expect this to happen every two years or so, even if I've only been wrapping up the power cord to transport it places.

Which means I basically have to pay $80 to replace this now so I have a functioning power cable.

But at least the MacBookPro adapter works for this model as well. So maybe it'll last longer.

So, apparently my Mac's power adapter is having issues where I have to angle the cable in order to get it to charge/retain charge. After talking to Mac tech supposrt and looking on the Apple website, it appears this is a fairly common happening, and I can expect this to happen every two years or so, even if I've only been wrapping up the power cord to transport it places.

Which means I basically have to pay $80 to replace this now so I have a functioning power cable.

But at least the MacBookPro adapter works for this model as well. So maybe it'll last longer.

This happened to my laptop last year. In that it was 4 years old and had had one major crash already, I've kept it around but replaced it with a desktop. If some catastrophic happens to my computer, I could probably get a power cable to revive my laptop, but haven't as of yet.

See, aside from some stupid bitch spilling a full glass of water on my MacBook last year and damaging the optical drive (and that was under warranty, thank god, so it was a free fix), I've not had any issues with my laptop. So hearing this cable will regularly break down every two to four years is a bit annoying.

My planned b-day pary falls on the same day as the b-day party of TWO of my friends. So it looks like I'll be scrappin mine and going to one of theirs.

I hear ya. I gave people two months notice for mine and they're just now starting to drop like flies! Ah well, I can adapt and take whatever stragglers remain out in Derby instead (as long as they don't view it as punishment for actually attending).

My planned b-day pary falls on the same day as the b-day party of TWO of my friends. So it looks like I'll be scrappin mine and going to one of theirs.

I hear ya. I gave people two months notice for mine and they're just now starting to drop like flies! Ah well, I can adapt and take whatever stragglers remain out in Derby instead (as long as they don't view it as punishment for actually attending).

I do the same thing plus promise them free booze also. I fail to mention to them that my birthdays might involve watching Batman and Robin or Manos: Hands of Fate. Let's see them run screaming when they're boozed up and full of cake. Mawahaha!!!