The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends wife wants to see the Ohio State vs. Duke basketball game later this season. I'm always down for going to a game. Seeing as it is Duke, I knew we couldn't get our standard $5 tickets. I figured $20 at the max for the upper deck. Reasonable. Nope. $40 for top row, which is in turn too rich for my blood. Turns out she wants to buy the $250 a piece floor level tickets. He is not in favor of this. They argue. For a while.

Maybe it is just me, but if you have an invited guest over to watch a game, don't pick a fight while he is there. It is a tad uncomfortable. Trying to get me to choose sides is just downright stupid. First, I am not going to. Second, I am generally going to back my best friend. I mean really, think before you speak.

Last night, for some odd reason, this popped up in my Twitter feed:

Watching Green Lantern. Michael Clarke Duncan's character is named...Killa Wog? WTF? #ohnotheydidnt #racefail

I don't follow this person, so I have no idea who she is or why the comment was there, but I had to reply:

@nalohopkinson It's Kilowog. And he's an alien. Not black or white or Asian. So no, there's no #racefail. #getoveryourself

This morning, I woke up to this:

@earth_2 Honey, thank you, but you're way out of your league here.

I was going to respond once more, but it had been seven hours and I'm not going to get into a "Because I'm white, I can't comment on issues of race?" bitch-fest. All the same, she does need to get over herself.

After rent, electric, and cable this week, I am down to $3 until Friday. :yes:

I'm in a similar position. By the time I get down to London next Saturday, meeting up with my Shake & Blake co-host, I will have £5-10 to spend in London AKA the most expensive city in the British Isles.

Just sent in my latest essay and an evaluation of the essays process, and the discussions used in making my argument to my lecturer.

Now comes the fun period between finding out if I screwed up or not. If any of you are following me on twitter or friends on Facebook, apologies for all the long posts. But basically, in my evaluation, I talked about how the point I was trying to get across (Globalization being wrong, and fucking up the world, and being a negative influence on our lives) was not actually my personal opinion, and although I am still young, I have old beliefs. I like my phone to make calls, I want a camera to take pictures only, and if I want to film something, I'll get a video camera for it, why have one item, when I'd prefer three. Although, I feel this way, in this one situation, I actually think globalization is a positive thing.

However, my argument for going against my own personal beliefs, and realising and noting, you can write a lot more about something you hate, rather than something you love. We are all more likely to recall situations where service at a restaurant has been terrible. But how many times can you say you've noticed that the service has been standard, or what you were expecting. Or, like my analogy, you go on holiday/vacation, you have a great time, someone asks how it went, you say "Was great...we did this and that" and don't go into much detail. But if everything goes wrong, suddenly you need to mention everything, every little detail is important to set the scene, and let the person know how annoyed you are. That was my basis for going to the negative viewpoint.

So, yeah, it's going to be a fun long wait for that result. As I really don't want to fail any classes.

Not looking forward to today. Oh, there'll be great food, and there are a few aunts and uncles I'm looking forward to seeing, but things between the parents are really not good, and I'm not looking forward to seeing how that might play out. Though, Mom has the money to file for divorce now, and it's gonna happen after the holidays.

Looking for some advice and it is annoying so I'm posting here.

About 18 months ago, two of my best friends split up. I'm the god father to their eldest son, so I'm pretty close to these people. The reason they split up is because he had an affair and left them for the other woman. At the time it happened I tried to stay close to both of them, because he hadn't started a relationship with the new woman and I thought by being supportive to his emotional craziness he may realise it was a mid life crisis thing and try again with his family. Anyway that didn't happen and in some weird twist, the other woman was married and the 2 jilted partners (my female friend) and the other husband have now started dating. Some thing about supporting each other through their ordeals.

Normally in a cheating scenario, I write the person off and move on with my life. But I absolutely adore both my godson and his little brother and want to still very much be involved in their lives. What would you guys do?

...in some weird twist, the other woman was married and the 2 jilted partners (my female friend) and the other husband have now started dating. Some thing about supporting each other through their ordeals.

Holy crap, are you living in a bizarre romantic dramedy?

Here's the thing:

You might be one of the best things in those kids' lives. Don't shut 'em off.

That's what I mean though. I still want to see the kids, but how do you do that when you don't have a lot of respect for at least one of the parents. For instance, I like going to the football with the two boys and it's more a dad type activity.

Then be a "dad" for them, if their parents have a fucked up relationship there is a chance of a sort of neglect and you being there could be a turning point in their life that may help them whether they realize it or not.

Not surprised, BUT.....

Don't lose your manners just because you decided to shop at 5AM on Black Friday. Seriously, wait your turn.

Also, learn what a fucking line is. What you are doing? Not a line by any means.

Finally, I know that I personally told the store to order low quantities. I called the CEO, said "No, don't send me 250 TVs. I can make do with 7. I love it when people yell at me like I am killing their puppy with a chainsaw." In addition, the ad said we would have 6 tablets. We actually had 18. You cannot possibly bitch when you are the 19th person.