The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Looking for some advice and it is annoying so I'm posting here.

About 18 months ago, two of my best friends split up. I'm the god father to their eldest son, so I'm pretty close to these people. The reason they split up is because he had an affair and left them for the other woman. At the time it happened I tried to stay close to both of them, because he hadn't started a relationship with the new woman and I thought by being supportive to his emotional craziness he may realise it was a mid life crisis thing and try again with his family. Anyway that didn't happen and in some weird twist, the other woman was married and the 2 jilted partners (my female friend) and the other husband have now started dating. Some thing about supporting each other through their ordeals.

Normally in a cheating scenario, I write the person off and move on with my life. But I absolutely adore both my godson and his little brother and want to still very much be involved in their lives. What would you guys do?

Call her and ask if she's cool with you taking them out on occasion. I'm sure she will be. Explain they're important to your life and you want to be involved.

Believe me, having a trustworthy adult friend who actually wants to spend time with your kids is a treasure. This is coming from a guy who doesn't go out with his wife much because of the prohibitive cost of babysitters.

The kids may not really know it, but when they're older, they will truly appreciate what you did for them even though you are essentially doing it for yourself.

Win Win Win

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 9pm train to Newcastle from London has become my 10pm train. I was always getting home pretty late, but the fact one train failing outside of Peterborough can grind an entire network to a halt is a joke. And it means I don't get home until after 2am. Thank god I have Monday off of work.....

I called someone yesterday about a meeting tonight and left a message where it was. Of course he showed up at the wrong place and when he got there my supervisor blamed it on me. He told him "I should have just called you myself", like I don't call everyone for him because he's too fucking lazy to call people. The guy just called to let me know it was his fault for not listening to the message and now I know how much of a dick my supervisor is.

So, this is the week. This is the week, where I find out my mark for my radio project, the final week of classes before Christmas, with a 70% for a class test in the middle of the week, and finally, the week where I take another test, and find out the answer to an age old question: Am I dyslexic? Have I been slightly fucking up all education work in my life, because I just could not fully understand how to work within the confines of the situation set to me. Or, I will find out, that I'm absolutely fine, and just incredibly stupid. This looks to be the week, where at least one of those questions will be answered.

Yip, this is how my mind works when going through a mini-anxiety attack. Long winded thoughts, no real coherency, and just everything slamming down and making pretty much no sense. That, and a raised heart rate, throbbing headache, and the shortness of breath, just make these moments the highlights of my day.

This is a major 3rd world problem here, but it is a minor annoyance:

Tonight I've had one tweet favorited ten times and retweeted by 14 people (including a comedian who has almost 900K followers). So it's safe to say that a pretty fucking funny tweet has been seen by about a million people. I haven't gained any followers and I've lost two.

I don't understand Twitter physics.

I've followed a few people after their witty tweets. We have a massive twitter audience for a live Monday night politcal debate show on the public broadcaster that is always the #1 trend here in Australia and sometimes makes the worldwide trends.

But I don't think the retweet button is good. I always try to do the RT @..... thing so that person gets more credit for their comment.

I hate the fact that Christmas to most people is about who has the best gift or who has the most decorations in their yard. Christmas to me is more about being with your family, friends, or anyone you're close to and showing that you love them. Christmas is one day out of the year not a whole month, or two in some cases.

Amen to that brother.