Free Comic Book Day

dc20willsave

Did any one have limits for the free comic book? I was late to work because I had to go to two different shops to get the books I wanted, GL and Resurrection 0. I also bought Queen and Country Vol 2 and I'm still looking for Resurrection Vol 1.

I went to two shops also. The first one just gave you a pre-bundled bag so you didn't even know what you were getting until you opened it. Lame. My usual store let you pick any five so I filled in the holes that the other one left me with. At least I got Blackest Night #0 and am so freaking psyched!

• 1 month later...

My, my I forgot all about this thread, well I may as well say it anyway... I jumped about from about three comic shops and ended up getting...

The Avengers

Blackest Night #0

Bongo Comics Free-For-All!

Disney/Pixar's Cars

Star Wars: The Clone Wars/Dark Horse Favs

Transformers Animated/G.I. Joe

DC Kids Mega Sampler

Owly And Friends

Sonic The Hedgehog: Evolution Of A Hero

TMNT #1 25th Anniversary Reprint

So that's almost everything I wanted other than Wolverine and more as well. Some were utter disappointments and others were just a 'whatever, it's free' pick up but Blackest Night, Clone Wars, and TMNT were wonderful books and worth the running around. :happy:

-Skyler

• 10 months later...

I plan on going. It has become a tradition for me to hang out at my LCBS before I go my Renaissance Fair rehearsals on Saturdays. The fact that it is Free Comic Book Day is an added bonus. In recent weeks I have ventured out of my Silver Age comfort zone and picked a few modern titles from both DC and Marvel (I have no true alliance to either, though I am better versed in DC lore than Marvel). With this Free Comic Book Day, I plan on picking up titles that I normally would no give a second glance at and whether the story/art are good or bad, I will be another step in getting me out of my comic book comfort zone.

Picked up the Iron Man/Thor and the War of the Supermen, both of which weren't that appealing, but hey, they're free; they didn't have Irredeemable out by me (at least I don't think they did), and I didn't pick up Doctor Solar cause I wasn't interested.

Picked up Brightest Day #0 while I was at it, and Blackest Night #6, 7, and 8, donated a buck to muscular dystrophy to get a blue ring, and got a black ring for purchasing Blackest Night #8. So, yeah, pretty good haul.

Picked up the Iron Man/Thor and the War of the Supermen, both of which weren't that appealing, but hey, they're free; they didn't have Irredeemable out by me (at least I don't think they did), and I didn't pick up Doctor Solar cause I wasn't interested.

Picked up Brightest Day #0 while I was at it, and Blackest Night #6, 7, and 8, donated a buck to muscular dystrophy to get a blue ring, and got a black ring for purchasing Blackest Night #8. So, yeah, pretty good haul.

Picked up a fucking ton @ House of Heroes in Oshkosh. Totally worth a shot, Hannah. Love that shop,

To everyone else: I foound a new LCS. I love it.