Free Comic Book Day

dc20willsave

I was sick on free comic book day, I heard War of the Supermen had an issue #0 released on that day. Is this true?

Yes.

It had Superman going against Zod, and being told that Zod has already sent the Kryptonian army to attack Earth. The other half of the issue was about Lois Lane finding out about all the information that has happened over the last two years in the Superman books, in three pages, catching new readers up on whats going on.

• 11 months later...

There are certain FCBD-branded books that they generally give out, and lately those have been actual stories and not samplers. However, I do know of some shops that dip into their own stock when the FCBD books are gone.

And the FCBD books are supposed to be 100% free; no purchase required.

I was not able to hit all three shops in my local area but before and after taking my Mom out for a Pre-Mother's Day lunch I was able to get...

Young Justice/Batman: Brave & The Bold Super Sampler

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse

Star Wars: The Clone Wars/Avatar: The Last Airbender

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sonic The Hedgehog

And the FCBD Green Lantern HeroClix

Not too bad really. I think I'd like to have gotten the Thor/Captain America comic rather than the Spidey but it was what was there at the second store we went to, which had a bad selection and a one per person limit being handed out by a man who would point to the short list of comics they had.

I also picked up the DC Comics Presents reprint of Son of Superman as well as the back issue of Booster Gold #5 (The Killing Joke issue).

Pretty good day, I'd say.