Episode 88

RSS

In this huge episode of Dread Media, Desmond and Darryll take a look at the recent Blu Ray release of Hellraiser as part of the Anchor Bay Lament Configuration Box Set before Desmond does a track-by-track review of the new album by Heaven and Hell, The Devil You Know. Desmond comes back to talk about a bunch of comics including Simon Dark, Captain Britain and MI-13, Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum and a bunch of spoils from Free Comic Book Day. Tunes included: "Hellraiser" by Christopher Young, "I Don't Mind the Pain" by Danzig, "Eating the Cannibals" by Heaven and Hell, "Sanity" by Bad Religion and "Oblivion" by Mastodon. [ 1:38:33 || 45.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_088.mp3

Yeah. I'm not too hot on it either. I think it looks cool but I much prefer the cleaner, more symmetrical look as it seems to be more in line with what the Cenobites are about. But for all we know, Cenobites could be an entirely different thing this time around, and for my money, I hope they are.

Is the music review format annoying?

I wouldn't say "annoying" exactly, but the album review felt like it dragged on a bit too long.

Liked the Hellraiser review, and I agree that the original Pinhead is MUCH creepier. The image of him holding the box used to scare me witless as an over-imaginative youth. The new design looks like some tenpenny mutilated freak.