Buffy the Vampire Slayer

JackFetch

See, I love the Angel ending for the sheer fuck you CWness of it. :P But, the fact that they decide to go out fighting is pretty significant for me.

And honestly, Buffy S8 could've been really good. The concept of the Slayers = terrorists, and what might happen to them in a vamp-friendly culture like today (good move making the enemy be named Twilight), could've been really, really well executed.

And then the tearing-a-hole-in-reality sex happened.

EDIT:

Oh, and btw? They just depowered everyone except Buffy. And also Willow got depowered too.

AND NOW ANGEL WENT ALL EDWARD CULLEN AND HE'S KILLING OFF BUFFY'S FRIENDS ONE BY ONE TO GET HER TO COME BACK TO HIM. HE STARTED WITH GILES.

THEY FUCKING KILLED GILES.

In conclusion, FUCK YOU S8. ANGEL =/= EDWARD CULLEN. Though, the Twilight comparison I made earlier now seems to have come true. Goddamnit, Whedon.

Latest S8 scans confirming this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just... I don't even know how to describe it. But I'll try.

Apparently each Slayer was a test; the universe was waiting for a Slayer strong enough to create the next step on the evolutionary ladder.

So, cause Buffy's survived and shared the Slayer power, then Buffy got superpowers, and she and Angel had destiny sex and caused earthquakes and hurricanes and global warming and climaxed IN SPAAAACE and caused a dimensional rift that let in ALL the demons ever. And also Spike came in on a UFO somewhere in there.

Just, here. The scans speak for themselves.

Yeah, this is another reason why I've never liked Buffy/Angel. :P

They also kinda gave birth to a new universe that, feeling abandoned, has taken possession of Angel and has turned him all Edward Cullen but not really his fault. I'm not all that worried since Whedon has already mentioned Seasom 9. Also, I'm not too sad about Giles dieing. It was inevitable. Buffy has lost her mother, now she has to lose her psuedo-father to take that final step towards adulthood.

• 2 months later...

I like what they are doing in the comics, we all know that the Season 8 (and Season 6 in Angel)story was originally in Joss' head before the shows were canceled, but its nice to see them taking that extra step that the comics would allow, but not TV Series. The only thing I hated was the Dawn becomes a giant thing, that would never translated well in the series. I am glad he is coming out with Season 9 and hope that he will continue with a new season for Angel as well.

After the Fall was done at IDW, but the license got transferred over to Dark Horse, which means that's now completely out of continuity.

I'll agree with you that S8 was a good idea, but I think Joss let the no limits stuff get him way off the rails, especially at the end here. I know Gail Simone's supposed to be coming in for S9 to do some writing, but I honestly don't know if there's going to be too much they can do to bring it back from what they've taken it to. I mean, it's obviously a new status quo that's taking it more and more towards Fray, but they've now cut out several till-now HUGE aspects of the universe that were kind of its heart for no apparent reason other than look what I can do now that I have no special effects budget!, and I honestly don't know if I can care about it anymore.

After the Fall was done at IDW, but the license got transferred over to Dark Horse, which means that's now completely out of continuity.

Not to get too far out of topic but actually, no. The Spike mini at IDW coming out is in Continuity with Season 8 and seeing as how the Angel series still has an issue left, it can still tie in. Really, the only consequence I can see is that we aren't going to see thirty angel minis and one-shots coming out every month.

Same. I lost interest in the Angel: After the Fall title very quickly because it didn't seem like it related to the series that well. Buffy lasted longer because of the comedy, but after a while it really started to feel like fanfic because it was so disconnected from the style and setting of the TV show. Looking at that stuff I don't regret it.

Not to get too far out of topic but actually, no. The Spike mini at IDW coming out is in Continuity with Season 8 and seeing as how the Angel series still has an issue left, it can still tie in. Really, the only consequence I can see is that we aren't going to see thirty angel minis and one-shots coming out every month.

Fair, we'll see what it does. But I'm not optimistic as to it remaining in canon. But hey, I'll agree on the minis and oneshots being a bit much.

• 9 months later...