The Punisher 2

Missy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

well according to this it's coming out on PSP UMD in 2020.

Also according to IMDB it;s out every where else around Jan-Apr. So I would say a febuary release.

Me personally, I'm going for the streaming online online option.

It's like illegally downloading it, but it makes me more of a bastard as I'm not even wasting the time downloading this movie that will probably suck horribly.

Ray Stevenson deserves so, so much better.

Exactly my thoughts, lets hope the rumour or Rome being possibly made into a movie come to fruition

At the most this is worth a download, the problem being that it would be a very dark and hard to see download for anyone thinking of going that route

Guest DCAUFan1051

As I've stated before within this thread there is no way in hell I'll see this movie even if a friend lets me borrow the eventual DVD when it comes out. From the previews it doesn't even feel like a Marvel movie I agree that it looks wayyyy to dark... I know Frank Castle is a dark character and everything but Thomas Jane did a better job protraying that. Granted I have not seen this yet but I still say the 2004 version is easier to watch then this.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Ha, I had no idea this had been released. It HAS to be bombing at the box office, I imagine.

you mean to tell me that the Atlanta airwaves were not showing the mini trailers this past week about it coming this friday 12/5??? In between gecko commercials and abulance chasing lawyers ads all I saw on TV for commericals was the mini trailers for this damn movie

I watched it on Friday night, the theater I was in had no more than 20 people watching this film.

I had a rough couple of weeks, so I really wanted to watch something where I can turn my brain off for a little while. I really enjoyed this. It's not a good movie by any means, but I knew what I wanted going in: massive body count, gory as fuck kills, some cool looking action and it delivered those in spades. I was very satisfied in the "quality" of the movie. There were some small character moments and Ray Stevenson really looks like the Punisher, plus the movie felt like a Ennis comic book (which I've only read one issue of, but I can imagine what'd it be like after reading Preacher) everything from the gore, the swearing, and the absolutely over the top villains and henchmen. I knew what to expect, I knew what I wanted, and I had fun.

the movie felt like a Ennis comic book (which I've only read one issue of, but I can imagine what'd it be like after reading Preacher) everything from the gore, the swearing, and the absolutely over the top villains and henchmen. I knew what to expect, I knew what I wanted, and I had fun.

If you've read one, you've read them all.

• 4 weeks later...

I torrented this in preparation for the customary 2008 review CR seg that I'll be recording at the end of the week. It's definitely the *best* Punisher film committed to celluloid although within 20 minutes, I realised exactly what movie it reminded me of. This is Batman 89 with the standard level of Lionsgate gore thrown in. If you can get over that, it isn't a bad film although even then, bits of it are patently ridiculous.

Will probably review it properly in an all singing/dancing Punisher film CR, with the Lundgren/Jane versions as well.

• 1 month later...