Dwayne McDuffie Fired From Justice League

Koete

Well, it would probably depend on how sales of Secret Six are doing. If they think Simone would do better on JLA, and Secret Six wasn't selling well, then we probably wouldn't be seeing much more of Secret Six. However, I think (?) sales are doing well enough that we don't have to worry there.

If sales were doing well, though, that would mean that she was split between three (?) monthlies (she's working on Secret Six and Wonder Woman for sure).

Well, it would probably depend on how sales of Secret Six are doing. If they think Simone would do better on JLA, and Secret Six wasn't selling well, then we probably wouldn't be seeing much more of Secret Six. However, I think (?) sales are doing well enough that we don't have to worry there.

If sales were doing well, though, that would mean that she was split between three (?) monthlies (she's working on Secret Six and Wonder Woman for sure).

If your job is writing comics and you can't do three monthly series then I don't have a lot of respect for you. I'm sure she could do all three.

Secret six VS the "JLA" I say that as all their really is, wait who's left in the JLA?

Well, I'm just saying, we get Gail Simone writing JLA and it won't matter that most of them are second-string at best, Gail excels at writing the B-Tier characters. Secret Six, JLA, even her run on Deadpool, this is where she shines. Give her the current line-up of Black Canary, Vixen, John Stewart, Firestorm, Zatana, and Dr. Light and I can say it would be funny, awesome, and so many other things at the same time. Then when she gets Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman again, it gets just as awesome but Black Canary would still kick ass and not be whining about getting side-stepped by the Big Three every five panels like she is now.

If your job is writing comics and you can't do three monthly series then I don't have a lot of respect for you. I'm sure she could do all three.

Des, I have no idea how much of a workload that would be. :P

No a shot at you, Venneh. More like a shot at mediocre, overrated guys who have a lot of trouble meeting script deadlines on one book who are often scouted because of their name and asked to write what they consider to be their dream job. I can easily write a 22page script in a week (three pages a day of comic script ain't hard) and I'm not being paid to do it.

I don't know where I'm going with this anymore. Daddy's been drinking...

No a shot at you, Venneh. More like a shot at mediocre, overrated guys who have a lot of trouble meeting script deadlines on one book who are often scouted because of their name and asked to write what they consider to be their dream job. I can easily write a 22page script in a week (three pages a day of comic script ain't hard) and I'm not being paid to do it.

I don't know where I'm going with this anymore. Daddy's been drinking...

Isn't your hero one of, if not the hardest working man in comic history?

Also you are right, it's better to have a full screen of shit written down that you can edit away than having a blank screen.

• 3 weeks later...

:laugh:

Also when he did have Batman from what I read, he did f-all interesting with him.

Also a good JLA book, with characters I barely know yet could grow to care about is a lot better than a book with characters I barely know, where it seems like even the writer has very little interest in writing.

All that book was, was someone at DC saying because it has JLA on the cover people will buy it whether its any good.