Toy Story 3

JackFetch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The animated toys of "Toy Story 3" don't have to worry about audiences abandoning them. Disney's release of the third installment in the blockbuster franchise roared out of the gate, collecting an estimated $41 million at the North American boxoffice on Friday.

The G-rated feature, directed by Lee Unkrich, found business booming at the 4,025 locations where it is playing as it heads toward a weekend haul in the $115 million to $120 million range.

"Toy's" Friday number was nearly double the opening-gross of last year's Pixar entry, "Up," and guarantees that the new movie will post the biggest opening weekend ever for an animated movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i85bb116e1c73d706ee03ca945f63ca5b?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ffilm+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Film%29

I really didn't expect these kind of numbers because the last Toy Story was a generation ago. I didn't think kids would be that interested since they didn't grow up with the first two.

The animated toys of "Toy Story 3" don't have to worry about audiences abandoning them. Disney's release of the third installment in the blockbuster franchise roared out of the gate, collecting an estimated $41 million at the North American boxoffice on Friday.

The G-rated feature, directed by Lee Unkrich, found business booming at the 4,025 locations where it is playing as it heads toward a weekend haul in the $115 million to $120 million range.

"Toy's" Friday number was nearly double the opening-gross of last year's Pixar entry, "Up," and guarantees that the new movie will post the biggest opening weekend ever for an animated movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i85bb116e1c73d706ee03ca945f63ca5b?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ffilm+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Film%29

I really didn't expect these kind of numbers because the last Toy Story was a generation ago. I didn't think kids would be that interested since they didn't grow up with the first two.

The people who saw it as kids will be taking their kids/nieces/nephews/babysitting trips/on their own going to see the film. If anything the series will have an even bigger market to play with.