Things you want

Stavros

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Three good films and three shit ones, if it includes the AVP's. Heck, I won't buy Quadrilogy just because I don't want Resurrection on my shelf.

The Anthology is basically the Quadrilogy on Blu-Ray. Secondly, dude, you have Dawson's Creek on your shelf. A DVD that people would only know you had it if they opened the package isn't a big enough reason not to buy one of the best boxed sets in the history of the format. Seriously, most people if they see it on your shelf are going to say, "Oh, Tom has the Alien Box set" not "Oh, Tom has that shitty Alien movie." If it really makes you feel better, buy the quadrilogy then throw away the Resurrection dvd but then remember that the Featurettes on it actually make it worth owning the disc.

Three good films and three shit ones, if it includes the AVP's. Heck, I won't buy Quadrilogy just because I don't want Resurrection on my shelf.

The Anthology is basically the Quadrilogy on Blu-Ray. Secondly, dude, you have Dawson's Creek on your shelf. A DVD that people would only know you had it if they opened the package isn't a big enough reason not to buy one of the best boxed sets in the history of the format. Seriously, most people if they see it on your shelf are going to say, "Oh, Tom has the Alien Box set" not "Oh, Tom has that shitty Alien movie." If it really makes you feel better, buy the quadrilogy then throw away the Resurrection dvd but then remember that the Featurettes on it actually make it worth owning the disc.

Yeah, overreact much? Even I think 3 sucks too and that's still an amazing box set.

Yeah, overreact much? Even I think 3 sucks too and that's still an amazing box set.

I agree with Des there. It is an amazing set.

I use to have the regular DVD version of the set, and that was worth it for the commentary track on the films. But now that I actually have a Blu-Ray player, and the set is actually at a reasonable price (£20 on Amazon. Compared to £50 retail price) it's so tempting.

Hey, Dawson's Creek is a quality show! :P It's fair enough if you're after all the extras, I was really more commenting on the downfall of a franchise than anyone's personal tastes.

Also, I am not most people. Every time I look at my house-mates DVD collection and see the Quadrilogy I think "I wouldn't watch the last one". Then I think of my own collection, with 1, 2 and 3 sat proudly together on the front row of their shelf and think "Good going there Tom".

Then I look behind it at the row of shame and see AVP. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I just don't want others to make the same mistakes as I have!

• 2 weeks later...