Episode 92

RSS

In this week's horror-comedy episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick sits down with Darryll to check out one of the funniest films of all time: Young Frankenstein. Then Desmond goes solo on two zom-coms, Tokyo Zombie and RetarDEAD, before checking out a couple of comics: Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #3 and Poe #1. The following songs will be heard before you see them coming: "He's Loose" from the original cast recording of Young Frankenstein: The Musical, "Puttin' On the Ritz" by Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle, "I Walked with a Zombie" by Roky Erickson & The Aliens, "RetarDEAD" by Lisa Rein and Kurt Kendall, "Supernaturally" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and "Horror Films" by Bill Hicks. Enjoy this Abby Normal episode of Dread Media! [ 1:13:19 || 33.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_092.mp3

Gene Wilder's dead? Either I've misheard something or that's the first I've heard of it.

Some great music this ep, Des, and it was nice to hear some Bill Hicks. I haven't come across him that much but I know he's revered by many. I should probably get round to borrowing Young Frankenstein off my brother if it really is that good.

More Beer! Or liquor or whatever was consumed during this episode. Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are by far what Mel Brooks is best known for, not Spaceballs. Not even close. A entire review of YF and talk of Brook's other films with no mention of Madeline Kahn? Weak. No worries though, I'll be downloading the shows, just pound some more and see what happens.

To be clear, that was for the general audience. I think that Brooks is bets known among film and comedy nuts for Blazing Saddles (more than YF which I think is the far superior film).

I'm not a Madeline Kahn fan, sorry. Her career is pretty spotted if you ask me. She's only as good as her costars.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.