The all purpose new bat-book thread.

SuaveStar

Did anyone else pick up Batman #702?

I got it, and it didn't really add anything to RIP or Final Crisis that I didn't already know, it basically just set up reading the end of ROBW and his B&R run.

It looked good for the most part, but Tony Daniel's his JLA looks just weird.

I liked this one much better than 701 first of all. I liked how 702 shows that Batman figured out what Darkseid had done to him and had an idea of how to get back.

Tony Daniel's art seems to have changed quite a bit from R.I.P. I really like his art in R.I.P. but his Grayson Batman stuff I really haven't liked too much at all. His art in 702 is better than 701 but all the hero characters, especially Superman and Batman, their muscles seem too swelled and it doesn't look like they could ever move around carrying them. And I hate how, at certain angles, Daniel does this weird thing with Batman's horns, making Bats look like Catman. It was really prominent in 701 and in Batman 700 for Daniel's part.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone grab Superman/Batman 75? One of the shorts at the end had Conner Kent and Damian Wayne Batman. After Batman 700 and now this little snippet of Damian Bats, I'd like to see at least a miniseries of his Batman.

Also, if they do a Batman BEYOND ongoing, I hope they put Renato Guedes, Dustin Nguyen, or both at some point if they switch off artists like in Batman and Robin for every arc.

EDIT*

Anyone grab Superman/Batman 75? One of the shorts at the end had Conner Kent and Damian Wayne Batman. After Batman 700 and now this little snippet of Damian Bats, I'd like to see at least a miniseries of his Batman.

Also, if they do a Batman ongoing, I hope they put Renato Guedes, Dustin Nguyen, or both at some point if they switch off artists like in Batman and Robin for every arc.

If you mean Damian Batman, then the only person I want to draw his world, is Andy Kubert.

Also, if they do a Batman ongoing, I hope they put Renato Guedes, Dustin Nguyen, or both at some point if they switch off artists like in Batman and Robin for every arc.

If you mean Damian Batman, then the only person I want to draw his world, is Andy Kubert.

I was talking about Batman Beyond with the artists. I agree with you on Andy Kubert drawing Damian Batman.

I was talking about Batman Beyond with the artists. I agree with you on Andy Kubert drawing Damian Batman.

Oh, my mistake. I agree about Nguyen then.

Also, splitting up the Bat-Books is a smart move, as a lot of people really like Dick as Batman, and DC wouldn't fuck it all up by taking that away. It also keeps two parties happy. The people who want Batman to progress and be someone new, and the people who want Bruce to be Batman.

Saying all that, I will be buying Red Robin and that's about it come November.

When asked about a Damian miniseries, DiDio hinted at one "by Andy Kubert." Whether that means art or written and drawn (fitting in with DC's new strategy of giving A-list artists permission to write their own books) was unclear.

Source

Oh fuck yes. Give me a Damian Batman mini-series by Andy Kubert and I'll give you my money, DC.

When asked about a Damian miniseries, DiDio hinted at one "by Andy Kubert." Whether that means art or written and drawn (fitting in with DC's new strategy of giving A-list artists permission to write their own books) was unclear.

Source

Oh fuck yes. Give me a Damian Batman mini-series by Andy Kubert and I'll give you my money, DC.