The all purpose new bat-book thread.

SuaveStar

I thought about that, too. It's a great idea, but only if Dick is going to stay Batman for a long, long time. And even then, the name "Nightwing" has become so synonymous with Dick's character that it'd be weird to have someone else take it over for any extended period of time.

I think it'd be best to have Dick go back to being Nightwing after a while, but elevate the identity of Nightwing to a level where it wouldn't be a huge downgrade from Batman.

Give Cass her own name, rather than someone else's. She's a unique enough individual that she deserves that.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And even then, the name "Nightwing" has become so synonymous with Dick's character that it'd be weird to have someone else take it over for any extended period of time.

The name "Batgirl" was synonymous with Barbara Gordon. Cass took it and got a long running title and devoted fan following. That hurdle is clearly not a problem for her character.

Like I said, I never liked Cass being Batgirl. Love the character, don't like how she had that name.

It's like what was done with the Robins: Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian all represent that "childish fun" aspect of being a crimefighter. Damian's a little more twisted than the rest, but he still fits in that role. Cass was entirely different than Barbara, and wasn't so much "Batgirl" as "non-lethal female assassin."

It's like what was done with the Robins: Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian all represent that "childish fun" aspect of being a crimefighter. Damian's a little more twisted than the rest, but he still fits in that role. Cass was entirely different than Barbara, and wasn't so much "Batgirl" as "non-lethal female assassin."

Damian beheaded someone. I have no idea how you could give him a pass and not Cass.

No, he really doesn't. He didn't have a childhood, he was raised by the League of Assassins. When he first game to Gotham, he beheaded someone. He might have toned it down since then, but he's still an arrogant, cold, asshole of a kid, albeit with loyalty to his father and his father's familiars. Hell, in the future, he sells his soul to the devil. There is nothing fun about him.

Yeah, I just saw that.

In Oracle: The Cure #3, Wendy recovers from her coma while being visited by her father who was trying to use alien technology to help her. However, she is unable to feel her legs. The handicapped heroine Oracle promises to help her while aiding in the Calculator's arrest. In the new Batgirl series, it is revealed that Oracle (along with Leslie Thompkins) has been helping Wendy adjust to her new life as a paraplegic. After taking Wendy under her wing, Barbara eventually reveals to Wendy her alter-ego. Wendy's first mission as an associate of the Oracle is to help Stephanie Brown, the new Batgirl, defeat her father and save Barbara from him. Afterward, she takes on the codename of "Proxy", acting as a junior-version of Oracle.

[edit]

Wikipedia shall lead us, my children.

Seems strange still to let the daughter of her arch-enemy into her confidence, regardless of her background. I can't believe Bruce would be OK with that, when he finds out.

Seems strange still to let the daughter of her arch-enemy into her confidence, regardless of her background. I can't believe Bruce would be OK with that, when he finds out.

So far Bruce doesn't mind the the grandson of one of his arch-enemies being the current Robin so if he brings it up, she has a good counter, especially since Wendy has never shown any sociopathic tendencies.

So far Bruce doesn't mind the the grandson of one of his arch-enemies being the current Robin so if he brings it up, she has a good counter, especially since Wendy has never shown any sociopathic tendencies.

Um, you mean he doesn't have a problem with his son being the current Robin? Still, that is a measure of understanding, so I see your point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BatmanAndRobin19001.jpg

Two problems with this cover. The combined Batman and Robin symbol make this look like the sort of disposable rubbish that Batman/Superman is. Secondly the Batman and Robin symbols they are using are different to the ones the characters are wearing ON THIS VERY COVER.

Grant Morrison would never have let this happen.