The all purpose new bat-book thread.

SuaveStar

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read Batman and Robin 6, well, that was a bland issue, also:

Jason lost the white streak in his hair

I am really glad that arc is over, I don't want to see Tan art again, after how fast that went off a cliff, from a great start, to an end that made you say "Is it over?"

Red Robin 6 was alright, but the problem with it is that, Yost just showed that without the flashbacks and all the time jumping, he can't make this comic very interesting.

Marcus To is ok on the book, but I miss Bachs as he was different, this just feels generic now.

I am really glad that arc is over, I don't want to see Tan art again, after how fast that went off a cliff, from a great start, to an end that made you say "Is it over?"

Red Robin 6 was alright, but the problem with it is that, Yost just showed that without the flashbacks and all the time jumping, he can't make this comic very interesting.

Marcus To is ok on the book, but I miss Bachs as he was different, this just feels generic now.

The thing about Tan for me is, he has no consistency with his style. It just comes off sloppy to me.

How is Red Robin? I haven't been getting it. Probably just gonna wait for the trade on it.

The thing about Tan for me is, he has no consistency with his style. It just comes off sloppy to me.

How is Red Robin? I haven't been getting it. Probably just gonna wait for the trade on it.

I agree with you about Tan. He ruined all of Quitelys good work.

The first few issues were really good, though they jamp around a lot, I'd say pick up an issue from a cheap bin, prefferably issue 4 as that was the best one.

The latest issue was Yost going away from the jumping style and showing he doesn't know what the hell he's doing with a straight story.

Also, the issue jamp the shark to me:

Tam, Lucius Fox's daughter is caught by a full sized spider guy and a man from a cult.

• 4 weeks later...

Now, when Robin ended I didn't know about Red Robin. But now I want to catch up and was looking if they'd release a trade (Those are 12 issue compilations right?). And amazon has Red Robin: The Grail listed, however it doesn't say what is in it. I looked on google and don't see it either, but is it a safe bet that that will be the first 12 issues? I'll start picking it up from there.

Now, when Robin ended I didn't know about Red Robin. But now I want to catch up and was looking if they'd release a trade (Those are 12 issue compilations right?). And amazon has Red Robin: The Grail listed, however it doesn't say what is in it. I looked on google and don't see it either, but is it a safe bet that that will be the first 12 issues? I'll start picking it up from there.

Usually a trade ranges from 5-12 issues.

The first story arc collecting issue 1-4 was called the grail and the next story arc league of spiders, the one going on right now is Red Robin and Ra's teaming up.

So to answer your question, this will have issues 1-8

Honestly, most trades top out at six issues.

According to what I've read, Red Robin: The Grail will be 128 pages. That's not enough for eight issues. That makes me think it will collect the first four issues of Red Robin and maybe some Battle for the Cowl stuff or a one-shot.

According to what I've read, Red Robin: The Grail will be 128 pages. That's not enough for eight issues. That makes me think it will collect the first four issues of Red Robin and maybe some Battle for the Cowl stuff or a one-shot.

See, here's the thing though, the second arc picks up right after the first one, because they are linked in a way.

Also, it could just be the Robin issues where red robin is introduced. They could just have the first five issues, as they are the Bachs issues.

But at 128 pages, it can't be eight issues. At that size, it's six issues.

DC hasn't officially solicited the volume -- I believe they'll do so in the January Previews -- so we'll see what's in it come then.

Yeah, but just for arguments sake, I'm going to spoil the end of issue 4.

Tim is in the middle east and he finds the cave Bruce was in, proving him right, somehow. Tim comes out and is attacked by a man claiming to be from the council of spiders, who stabs Tim and the people with him, killing three of them, leaving Tim to bleed to death.

Issue 5 picks up with Tim surviving that.

Well, that's that. We'll just both wait till the january solicit to see who's right then.

Anyway, Cover to Batman and Robin #10

I don't know who colours Quitely's covers, but they are awesome. I think it's Alex Sinclair isn't it? I know he did the interior for Quitely in issues 1-3.

Turns out Red Robin: The Grail will collect the first five issues of that new series.

Turns out Red Robin: The Grail will collect the first five issues of that new series.

So, the issues that Bachs did then.

If I remember correctly, the fifth issue ends:

Not Safe For Work
Tim saying he's going to take down Ra's and the council of spiders.

Spoiler option wasn't available.

• 1 month later...