Episode 14

RSS

Forgoing lengthy musical advertising, an embarrassing parody rap and Pandy, this month's For Your Ears Only looks back at Roger Moore's maligned run as Bond as it concludes in A View to a Kill. Ageism aplenty, Ian and Adham also find time to sing (again), sneak in topical fortunes of English football teams and point out certain stunts that Roger Moore probably didn't perform. [ 2:24:43 || 66.2 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/foryourear...arsonly_014.mp3

Guest DCAUFan1051

This was one of my favorite bond films before the brosnan era. I just realized it was released, but I've refreshed my iTunes and downloading now. :D

This might be my favorite episode yet.

What with the beatbox Duran Duran song, the constant references to Roger Moore being older than everyone else and the pointing out of when Moore isn't doing a particular scene. Great stuff fellas. Can't wait for the Summer of Dalton.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Summer of Dalton?

I agree with best ep yet, but how can you have a summer of Dalton he only did 2 films!?

after typing that I realized that FYEO is monthly... but technically there are three months to summer. :D

I tend not to count June as it's usually a wet, miserable month with exams and school for many. So I stand by the analogy!

Did you make a reference to Kai En Tai, Ian?

Possibly, although I'd have to listen back to the specific part of the episode to confirm this. I usually say "Indeed" as one of my words to move the walkthrough along, but if I prefaced it with "EEEEEVIL!!" then it must have been. Kaientai were awesome!!

Ian: ... Scarpine's downstairs having shot the night (nice?) security guard.

Adham: Now he didn't have to do that!

Ian: He didn't. He's just evil! Indeed!

Adham: Die, you evil bastard!

Ian: Oh, that brings back memories. I wonder why I didn't have more friends back then.

Summer of Dalton?

I agree with best ep yet, but how can you have a summer of Dalton he only did 2 films!?

after typing that I realized that FYEO is monthly... but technically there are three months to summer. :D

I just realized you guys aren't doing Never Say Never Again.

What was the point of Never Say Never Again?

Why was Connery in Never Say Never Again?

Summer of Dalton?

I just realized you guys aren't doing Never Say Never Again.

What was the point of Never Say Never Again?

Why was Connery in Never Say Never Again?

- Not immediately. We might do it after we finish looking at the official run, which NSNA is not part of.

- Kevin McClory, whom Ian Fleming gave the media rights of their combined story of Thunderball, fought hard against EON to exploit these right to the fullest and was allowed to use the Bond property without Eon as long as it was just for the Thunderball story. So the point is that it was a clash of film producer egos.

- Connery had a working relationship with McClory, although WHY he had one isn't something I've ever bothered to find out.

I tend not to count June as it's usually a wet, miserable month with exams and school for many. So I stand by the analogy!

Did you make a reference to Kai En Tai, Ian?

Possibly, although I'd have to listen back to the specific part of the episode to confirm this. I usually say "Indeed" as one of my words to move the walkthrough along, but if I prefaced it with "EEEEEVIL!!" then it must have been. Kaientai were awesome!!

I usually think of the Kai En Tai "EEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL" with the words "We are..." beforehand though.