Best/Worst Shows based on a video game

Kscriv

Well, the many incarnations of Sonic the Hedgehog are obviously awful :rolleyes:

The Mario shows, the real life segments aside, at least stayed fairly true to the format - even if the Koopa kids had different names.

The Zelda series, which I barely remember as I'm both 19 and in the UK where it wasn't often repeated, I remember being cringeworthy even at the age of 6. "Ex-cuse me, Princess" <_<

The Zelda series, which I barely remember as I'm both 19 and in the UK where it wasn't often repeated, I remember being cringeworthy even at the age of 6. "Ex-cuse me, Princess"  <_<

Most people don't realize this, but there are two Zelda games based on that shitfest of a cartoon. Because they were such flops (and not produced by Nintendo), The Big N disowns them.

On topic: Yeah, the Mario toon wasn't that bad, but the live action segments were worthy of a shiver.

And let's not forget the Pac-Man cartoon. Even as a child I knew that thing was garbage... but for some reason I not only watched it, but part of me liked it! Ugh!

The Zelda series, which I barely remember as I'm both 19 and in the UK where it wasn't often repeated, I remember being cringeworthy even at the age of 6. "Ex-cuse me, Princess"  <_<

Most people don't realize this, but there are two Zelda games based on that shitfest of a cartoon. Because they were such flops (and not produced by Nintendo), The Big N disowns them.

I remember those games. Link looked horribly wierd on the Phillips CD-I.

Sorry but.

Best:

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sat-Am)

Sonic X

Captain N the game master (you'll never see anything like it again)

Super Mario Bros. Super Show (animated parts)

Mega Man NT Warrior

Monster Rancher

Pokemon :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Digimon :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Worst:

Kirby: Right back at Ya

F Zero: GP Legend

Sonic Underground

Zelda

Can't think of any more right now, obviously my tolerance of some show is staggering

As crappy as it was, I found myself oddly drawn to The Power Team. Anyone else remember this? It featured some kid, Kwirk (from the GB game of the same name), Bigfoot (the truck), the cop from NARC (how did they get away with that?), some muscle guy from some wizardry game, a basketball player, and Mr. Big (again, from NARC).

I'd really like to see some old episodes, 'cause it would be worth the laugh.

As crappy as it was, I found myself oddly drawn to The Power Team. Anyone else remember this? It featured some kid, Kwirk (from the GB game of the same name), Bigfoot (the truck), the cop from NARC (how did they get away with that?), some muscle guy from some wizardry game, a basketball player, and Mr. Big (again, from NARC).

I'd really like to see some old episodes, 'cause it would be worth the laugh.

Holy cow! I remember that show, it was worth a laugh, if nothing else.

I just e-mailed Stephan Martiniere (the animation director of The Power Team) asking him if the show ever made it to tape. Let's hope he gets back to me.

Also, who could forget both the game show and animated adventure adaptations of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

I liked the Street Fighter 2 V series. Apparently I'm in the minority on that, though. Probably because I'm not a huge SF2 fanboy and am ok with the continuity issues.

There was a hilariously bad MK live-action series (as well as a cartoon on USA, but at least the cartoon had some fighting) that my UPN affiliate used to air. Again, I'm not a huge MK fan, so it was absolutely hilarious to me, probably not for someone who'd take it seriously.

Are you talking about the one that centers around Kung Lao?

I guess so. I just remember Kitana being in it a lot. And it having a general post-apocalyptic kinda feel (I'm assuming it took place in Outworld, or the few episodes I saw did.).

I actually like the show. It always came on after WCW Nitro and it just fit in real nicely. And yes it did center around Kung Lao.

I really liked the first seasons of Pokemon and Digimon too, but after that it seems they ran out of ideas. Same with the pokemon games now that I think of it. I also like Megaman NT Warrior, Monster Rancher, and (almost) all Sonic the Hedgehog shows. Kirby I watch every once in a while. I'm staying nuetral on that show.

There aren't many video game shows I don't like. Then again I haven't seen many compared to most people replying here.

What I think the worst Movie based on a video game is......

Final Fantasy:The Spirits Within

Well... If you can even say that was based on the game.

• 3 weeks later...