The Batman Vault

Koete

83964_214113_4.jpg

From early costumed vigilante with a gun, to being a mentor and father figure to a Final Crisis and being an All-Star, The Batman Vault from Running Press spotlights the history of the Dark Knight Detective, his allies, and his enemies. Written by Robert Greenberger and Matthew Manning, this book treats you to the history behind the creation of Batman, Robin, their foray into chapter serials, movies, and television when Batmania swept the nation. Like previous books in the Vault series there are neat pull outs from replica of Bob Kane sketches, batplane paper airplanes, including an 18-page booklet on how to draw Batman by Sheldon Mayer.

This book follows Batman from the Bob Kane/Bill Finger generation of the 40's to the Sprang/Moldoff 50’s and early 60's to the Schwartz/Infantino return of the detective and the return of the creature of the night by O’Neil & Neal Adams. From movie and TV storyboards to public service ads the Batman Family is covered in a fun and entertaining format. This is an enjoyable history of Bruce, Dick, Alfred, and all. Now if I could only get that Neal Hefti theme and those horrid bat nipples out of my head!

I'll be waiting to pick this up for $20 on Amazon Marketplace, but if the previous Vaults are any indication, it's going to be awesome.

Is that cover by Jim Lee?

Will this book talk about how Bob Kane took credit for nearly everything involving Batman for years? The seduction of the innocent?

Probably just the more market friendly stuff.

Anyway, i don't know, I may get this, but I will wait for you to get Koete to hear someone's thoughts and if it is worthwhile.