Forum upgrade

Missy

Guest DCAUFan1051

The moral of the story?

Fuck IE.

I agree with the above statement.... also mike when I try loading it on safari on iPhone it's very very weird! I'll take a screencap and show later on.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that when looking at the active topics, it just shows the last 24 hours, when I remember there used to be an option for the last week or 30 days. Is that gone forever, or am I missing something?

Go to the "My Profile" link, then hit "Edit my profile," then hit "Change Photo." That'll get you squared away.

BTW, Mike, the "View New Content" link works for shit. It just shows you any new threads you hadn't previously clicked on. Once you've read a thread and / or replied, it never reappears in the list, even if new replies have been posted since your last visit. Really obnoxious.

Go to the "My Profile" link, then hit "Edit my profile," then hit "Change Photo." That'll get you squared away.

Due to limited server space, that feature is disabled for non-mods.

BTW, Mike, the "View New Content" link works for shit. It just shows you any new threads you hadn't previously clicked on. Once you've read a thread and / or replied, it never reappears in the list, even if new replies have been posted since your last visit. Really obnoxious.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I'll look into it.

An update to the upgrade is coming. It will fix:

- View new content changes so its more like version 2.3.6 where it's based off last visit. Option to use the 3.0 style in user settings.

- Option to view search results in a view similar to a forum.

- More filter and sort options with search

- Optimized search and view new content to improve performance

- Old media tag and quote tag issues impacting display of older posts fixed.

- Watched content hook in sidebar resource usage addressed.

I've sent in a request, though I'm not sure when it will be addressed. So if the forums are down for a little while, this is why.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

OK coupla questions

#1 is the private messaging broken on the new forum version?

#2 why is it on the iPhone version of safari that the forums show up as a mobile type website? I have to scroll down and press the link where it says switch to normal web browsing view.

01. Nope. In fact, it's improved, in that it works like a private thread, so you can see the entire conversation in one place. Why do you ask?

02. My guess is because you're accessing it on a mobile device, so the default is to use the mobile version.

Guest DCAUFan1051

01. Nope. In fact, it's improved, in that it works like a private thread, so you can see the entire conversation in one place. Why do you ask?

02. My guess is because you're accessing it on a mobile device, so the default is to use the mobile version.

01. I ask because I sent you a mesage and never got a reply, (which we've already discussed what I sent)

02. the iPhone and safari on it has always been advertised as showing the real web address of any site not the mobile crap that all other cell phones use. Honestly it's not a big deal I was just asking.

Guest DCAUFan1051

01. I ask because I sent you a mesage and never got a reply, (which we've already discussed what I sent)

Mike not responding is just because his life is insanely busy, He will respond to you when he has a chance ;) .

Yes Doug I know that but I thought it might be a screwup with the new forum version lol

Mike not responding is just because his life is insanely busy, He will respond to you when he has a chance ;) .

I think I'm going to hire Doug as my new personal secretary. :D

I think I'm going to hire Doug as my new personal secretary. :D

Just don't push me out of any fucking windows. ;)<br>

• 1 month later...