Batman Beyond

Koete

I like that character, a fair amount, so I'm still interested.

I like him too, but he's a Bruce villain, he's from Bruce's past, not Terry's. They could have taken anyone else, and made it work, but using Hush just doesn't work for me.

Also, the art looks shit to me. I flipped through it today. and it just didn't grab me, it did nothing.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So Dick Grayson is Hush beyond. It doesn't make sense story wise. Honsetly, there's really no reason why Dick would become a psycho killer that he's been in the past few issues. Although, seeing as he's a product of Cadmus. And he escaped from Cadmus and set up his hideout just like that? Come on. AND wouldn't Bruce know exactly where Dick would be at all times? Come on. This is bullshit.

So Dick Grayson is Hush beyond. It doesn't make sense story wise. Honsetly, there's really no reason why Dick would become a psycho killer that he's been in the past few issues. Although, seeing as he's a product of Cadmus. And he escaped from Cadmus and set up his hideout just like that? Come on. AND wouldn't Bruce know exactly where Dick would be at all times? Come on. This is bullshit.

Wow, so glad I did not bother with this now.

It is not as clear cut as this.

Not the least of the issues being Dick Grayson's alibi. He was with Terry when Hush attacked Catwoman and fought Robobat

• 3 weeks later...

And Batman Beyond is now one of the comics industry's quality-less cash cows.

NYCC 2010: BATMAN BEYOND GOES FROM MINI TO ONGOING IN JANUARY

Wednesday, October 6th, 2010

By Alex Segura

One of the pleasant surprises of the last few months has been BATMAN: BEYOND, from writer Adam Beechen and artist Ryan Benjamin. Beechen’s whodunit take, involving Batman villains past, present and future, connected with fans of the original animated series and a number of new readers intrigued by the futuristic Batman and his vast supporting cast – both familiar and new.

Paired with Ryan Benjamin’s dynamic and stylized art, BATMAN BEYOND became the surprise hit of the season and, well, what we’re about to announce became a bit of a no brainer: Starting in January, BATMAN BEYOND goes from mini to ongoing, with a new #1 and the same creative team.

What’s in store? What other heroes and villains can we expect to see? I’ll leave that to Mr. Beechen to share at a later date. In the meantime, we’ve got a first look at the cover to BATMAN BEYOND #1, which kind of screams iconic, doesn’t it?

batman_beyond_cover1-194x300.jpg

Source.

I want a Batman Beyond ongoing. However, I also want Beechen to crawl into a dark hole and never write anything ever again.

• 2 weeks later...
BATMAN BEYOND #1

Written by ADAM BEECHEN

Art by RYAN BENJAMIN & JOHN STANISCI

Cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN

Yep, you read that right – the future of the DC Universe continues, as BATMAN BEYOND becomes an ongoing series! Terry McGinnis and Bruce Wayne are stronger than ever after the battle with “Hush” brought their alliance close to the breaking point. But now a super-powered criminal has gotten in way over his head – and the whole Justice League has come to Neo-Gotham to hunt him down! To top it all off, the crook’s taken hostages… including Terry’s mom! It’s the start of a story that will change Terry’s life — and the BEYOND universe — forever… so don’t miss out!

On sale JANUARY 5 • 32 pg, FC $2.99 US

Though it makes sense that they'd clone the original Robin as part of the Batman Beyond project, why couldn't the creative team come up with something original?

Ugh! This book sounds worse and worse each month.

The worst part? People are clamoring so much for DCAU material, they'll latch onto this POS for dear life just to have new stories. :no:

The worst part? People are clamoring so much for DCAU material, they'll latch onto this POS for dear life just to have new stories. :no:

Exactly.

A lot of the BB fans only got into superheroes because they were kids when the show was on, and therefore don't have much experience with actual comics. No matter how dumb the book gets, they LOVE it just because they get to see Batman-of-the-Future punch somebody. They're the same people that kept buying Loeb's Hulk. Stupidity just doesn't seem to matter whatsoever.

I just don't get this weird hybrid thing they are doing for the ongoing Batman Beyond which seems to be DCAU yet mentions stuff from the regular DCU, and then introduce Terry in the proper DCU with Damian as his mentor. If there is going to be an ongoing I say explore the Terry/Damian stuff.

Exactly.

A lot of the BB fans only got into superheroes because they were kids when the show was on, and therefore don't have much experience with actual comics. No matter how dumb the book gets, they LOVE it just because they get to see Batman-of-the-Future punch somebody. They're the same people that kept buying Loeb's Hulk. Stupidity just doesn't seem to matter whatsoever.

Excuse me, but I take offense to your comment.

I think that I have plenty of comic book knowledge and appreciate the predecessors before some of my favorite DCAU shows. I enjoy this BB series because it is indeed fun to see one of my favorite characters expanded upon in a comic book. Is it the best storyline? No, but I'm appreciate that it's something and the world of Neo-Gotham hasn't died.

It's not stupidity at all. I'm a fan eager to get more knowledge about one of my favorite series and see it though.

Hey, fine, everyone's got their preferences. I mean no offense, honestly. If you enjoy it, then good for you.

I still stand by my statement, though. There are a lot of BB fans out there who are only reading it because it happens to star their favorite character and they like watching him punch things, not because it's actually good.