Episode 327

RSS

Though they may have ended the Is It Wednesday Yet? segment some months back, that doesn't mean Des and Mike are done talking about monthly comic books. In the premier of 1st Issue Special, the duo reviews Blackest Night #1, BPRD: 1947 #1, Creepy #1, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #1, and North 40 #1. [ 1:16:29 || 35.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_327.mp3

Nice new theme.

Like the new grading scale.

Also, will you be review the following "Awesome" new books from DC:

Red Tornado in September

Magog ongoing #1

Batgirl #1

Also, I'm only starting the episode, but are you going to have a "Previously released #1" where you take a first issue of a series and review it. LIke waiting for the trades previous volume, but with a single issue.

I can't say for sure what we will review, but there's a good chance those books will be covered.

And we spoke about doing something like that, but figured it was too similar to WFTT. However, as Des said on the show, we might occasionally dedicate an entire episode to older first issues. I can easily see us doing one on The Avengers, various X-titles, Teen Titans, the first issues of events / crossovers, and so on.

Earth-2 needs to release an album, seriously. This theme, the IIWY theme, I-Wizzle - heck, we could get Ronald T Dahl's handler to do a cover of Clowny Clown Clown!

That's not a bad idea, especially now that Better in the Dark is coming. We could toss in their theme, some of Adham's music and his impromptu singing, and I could do a full version of "Superstitious and Cowardly Lot." Hmmm...

We could also produce a multi-CD set of all the stupidly embarrassing things I've said on air.

Earth-2 needs to release an album, seriously. This theme, the IIWY theme, I-Wizzle - heck, we could get Ronald T Dahl's handler to do a cover of Clowny Clown Clown!

Am listening now, will edit in thoughts.

Not a bad idea at all...mulling Clowny Clown Clown over in my head. I may not do the best Three Dog Night but I can do Rape Whistle Ronald...

It's a rare day when I find myself agreeing completely with Des and disagreeing with Mike.

I need to find North 40. Sold out at my shop, and it seems right up my alley.

When I hear that theme, I keep getting this mental image of Des screaming at the top of his lungs in front of his computer, and the rest of the Reddick family standing in the corner wondering if he's having a seizure.