Weird Gamecube Controller

grahamvidger

When I got Mario Kart Wii, I had a blast. It was so much fun, then this guy I know came over and he had a Gamecube controller. I realized that I really preferred the Gamecube controller over the Wiimote for Mario Kart Wii. I decided to buy myself one. When I got one from Gamestop it was a used one that was all weird. There was an 'M' button where a PS3's 'L1' button would be, except on normal Gamecube controllers there is no button there. There are also 'Turbo' and 'Program' buttons. Both those buttons have red lights in them. When the controller is being used, the 'Turbo' button stays red, but if I push it, it starts flashing red. In Maro Kart Wii, when that button is flashing red, then I start to slow down and more smoke comes out of the back of the kart. When the controller is on, the 'Program' button isn't on, but if I push it, it either flashes red or stays red (I forget), either way what it does is it makes it so all the other buttons don't work (well that is what happens in Mario Kart Wii). Can someone please tell me what all these buttons exactly do?

This is what it looks like (All I know is that it's an Intec Gamecube Controller that I bought from Gamestop that was used)

ITCG5005.jpg

You can probably see the 'Turbo' and 'Program' buttons in this image, but not the 'M' button (Found this image on the internet).

Those buttons are classic retro gamepad buttons, "Memory," "Program," and "Turbo."

I actually had that same controller in black.

The turbo button makes it so that when you hold a button, it registers it as a rapid button-press. It's great for rapid-fire shooting and things of that nature.

The "Program" button should allow you to program a set button combo into the controller. So if you're trying to do a "X, Y, B, Y, Z, A" button-press series, you would just hit the program button, press the series of buttons that you want it to remember, then hit the program button once again (or you might hit "Memory;" I'm not sure). At that point, after the combo is saved, you should be able to hit the "Memory" button and have the controller automatically input that combo for you at any time.

So basically, now you have a way to cheat at games. Congratulations.

Those buttons are classic retro gamepad buttons, "Memory," "Program," and "Turbo."

I actually had that same controller in black.

The turbo button makes it so that when you hold a button, it registers it as a rapid button-press. It's great for rapid-fire shooting and things of that nature.

The "Program" button should allow you to program a set button combo into the controller. So if you're trying to do a "X, Y, B, Y, Z, A" button-press series, you would just hit the program button, press the series of buttons that you want it to remember, then hit the program button once again (or you might hit "Memory;" I'm not sure). At that point, after the combo is saved, you should be able to hit the "Memory" button and have the controller automatically input that combo for you at any time.

So basically, now you have a way to cheat at games. Congratulations.

Thanks So Much! ^_^

As a general rule, you should stay away from third party controllers, unless it's made by a reliable company like Logitech, since most of them are cheaply made.

Most of the extra functions like turbo and such are pretty useless in most modern games anyway.

As a general rule, you should stay away from third party controllers, unless it's made by a reliable company like Logitech, since most of them are cheaply made.

Most of the extra functions like turbo and such are pretty useless in most modern games anyway.

With the exception of the one Nintendo did with Turbo, were they ever actually useful.

Actually, those things are deadly in shooters where certain guns have a fire-as-fast-as-you-can-hit-the-trigger mode. Call of Duty 4 has had a few problems with that, though the fact that Microsoft doesn't allow wireless 3rd-party controllers helps a lot.