The Walking Dead

Koete

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the first series, and apart from episode 5, it was awesome. I like how Shane is going mad with power, and has control, and the love triangle. However, I feel the show flowed better being watched back to back, rather than watching week by week. I am glad he isn't dead yet, as it adds a level of tension going forward. Also, it shows he isn't all bad, and how he is just a victim of events.

I think the Doctor told Rick:

That he saw and heard about Shane trying to rape Lori in the room.

I think the zombies were used well here. They only came in at certain points, and when an attack came, it was fucking serious. Shame it was only 6 episodes so far.

When I first saw the kid who played Glen, I actually said "Jesus....that's Glen!"

Anyway, ranking the episodes:

1, 2, 4, 6, 3 and 5. 5 was easily the weakest of the bunch.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh fuck. My hopes for this show are rapidly fading.

Took this from an article on the cost cutting measures-

Cost cutting measures

It's sad to think that Mad Men and Breaking Bad (while both wonderful series) were only averaging 2.3 to 4.3 million viewers, meanwhile WD brought in 6 million viewers on the season finale alone. According to THR, "In the 18-to-49 demo, it chalked up the biggest number ever for any drama on basic cable." Walking Dead was basically paying its own way.

As you all well know by now, Frank Darabont, showrunner of the breakout hit The Walking Dead has left the show after it started to get bogged down with a lot of controversy and heat from it's network, AMC. Kurt Sutter, the creator of the hit FX show Sons of Anarchy took to his Twitter yesterday to talk about his cable-comrade and lay in thick on Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner and AMC. In a barage of several tweets, he said:

"why darabont got fired - weiner. he held AMC hostage, broke their bank, budgets were slashed, sh*t rolled down hill onto gilligan and frank. no one else wants to f*cking say it, but the greed of mad men is killing the other two best shows on tv — breaking bad and walking dead."

http://perezhilton.com/2011-08-12-sons-of-anarchy-creator-speaks-amc

I haven't gotten my thoughts on this show yet. I loved it. First of all, the elements of non-zombie, surviving in the wilderness part of the first 4 episodes were really good, and the parts where they went all Dead Rising on the zombies were awesome. What I was a little iffy about was that in the big attack in episode 4 everybody with a gun seemed to have military precision when shooting the zombies, never missing them in the forehead. But other than that I thought the show was great. It got me to reading the comics and I'm on the 3rd trade. The comic is even better. All in all, I'm excited for season 2.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so what are everyone's thoughts on season 2 so far... I personally think it's WAY better than season 1... and I loved season 1 so that's saying something. The acting has been phenomenal and the zombie killage has been there, but not over done in my opinion. And the mid-season finale blew me away. I'm glad it's getting a 3rd season.

so what are everyone's thoughts on season 2 so far... I personally think it's WAY better than season 1... and I loved season 1 so that's saying something. The acting has been phenomenal and the zombie killage has been there, but not over done in my opinion. And the mid-season finale blew me away. I'm glad it's getting a 3rd season.

First half was good, but when it came back, I don't know, it was missing something to me. I'm going to just backlog the episodes and watch them all back to back when the series is finished.

• 3 weeks later...

First half was good, but when it came back, I don't know, it was missing something to me. I'm going to just backlog the episodes and watch them all back to back when the series is finished.

Yeah, I'm still unsure about the second half of series two, it's just been a bit to slow for my liking. How's everyone else felt about the series now that it's over.

Finished the final episode, and changed my mind, this whole second half of series 2 has been pretty crap.