Watchmen Director's Cut Watchalong

Venneh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, for the Mars scene, which continues to be incredibly well done. And the tearing and rending of flesh starts... now. Phillip Glass was an awesome choice for this, as with most of the major points in the film.

Dick count: 2 (that I remember)

The Superman exists, and he is American.

The castle is, and will always be for me, absofuckinglutely beautiful.

Hah. Radiation is clearly equivalent to cooties.

Silk Spectre is a lot more... violent in the director's cut. The biggest differences I can see thus far are subtle little cues and easter eggs in the director's cut, and more violence.

ALESSANDRO JULIANI IN A BRIEF FIVE SECOND CAMEO!

The butcher knife to the head repeatedly like this, I have to admit, I really wasn't expecting. And it still kinda makes me ill. I guess, for me, there's only so much gore that I can handle.

And ow, hot boiling oil.

Whoops, flamethrower, whee!

And now for awkward couch sexings time. So glad that they kept this in here.

Apocalypse kiss! If this doesn't turn the kids off sex, then nothing will! Kissing will cause a nuclear explosion! (Still good, solid imagery)

Dan: I am vengeance. I am the ni - HOLY SHIT HOT CHICK IN LATEX YAY.

And okay, the added part wit hthe girl asking her mom about the legality was cute.

And ugh, this is possibly the single worst choice in music for this movie. And it may possibly be the Anti-Boner Equation.

Chainsaw OW.

"So, Doctor, tell me. WHAT DO YOU SEE?"

Jon: Oh, BTW, I'm back. To Mars, away!

Dick Count (That I've Noticed): 3

...That comic book is not in the style of the 80s, it's stills from the DVD, and it's lazy.

And now Hollis Mason's back. To get murdered. :( :( :(

Huh. Someone in the original thread mentioned the boys file on Adrian's computer, I just saw it now. Good touch. (Still pansexual. Or at the least bi.)

NO SHIT HE'S EVIL. JESUS GOD, HOW DUMB DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

...Clearly, Veidt dresses up enough in his costume that his staff is used to this. And Bubastis appearing w/o explanation is always interesting.

Also, someone pointed out in the original thread that the scientists should have been turned into Manhattan-esque entities. I think the only reason they didn't because they're dead, where Jon was alive when he was torn apart. And with Bubastis, I still can't explain it. Because she's not human?

Also, I take back what I said earlier, Malin Ackerman's acting has gotten progressively worse.

Also, Ackerman's acting completely took away the impact of this scene.

(London Bridge is falling down...)

And one of my favorite monologues in the book has now completely lost its impact, too.

ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER. Not my most favorite version, but still a fun version, nonetheless.

And now, for doomsday, featuring all the minor characters that we conveniently have in one place.

I'm still surprised they were able to do this, especially with the 9/11 attacks.

I still think Veidt was taking a huge risk, though. If the other nations didn't get the news of other attacks on major cities in time, they might've thought that Manhattan was turning on them, and blown each other up regardless, which kind of undoes all of his plans.