Batman: Haunted Knight out of continuity?

grahamvidger

When does Batman: Haunted Knight take place? They mentioned Two-Face so it can't be before Batman: The Long Halloween, and there was nothing about Robin in it, so it made me think can't be after Batman: Haunted Knight, and I find it hard to believe it's in between the two. It's hard to believe this could not be in continuity with Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Haunted Knight.

Well if Haunted Knight takes place right after Dark Victory then I would expect Robin to be in it, because he had just been brought to Bruce Wayne's world and so they would make him appear for some characterization. If it takes place later than that, well, comment one of the later Ronins at least or Nightwing or Babs, or the JLA or just some fellow super heroes to give us an idea of when this takes place. I'm sure all other Batman stories do at least one of those things to remind you when this story takes place.

I'm sure all other Batman stories do at least one of those things to remind you when this story takes place.

DC doesn't always do that. To be honest, the chronology isn't necessarily as important, since most of the characters are icons, and not dependent upon the more realistic details of the character's history. After all, if you want to look at all the minutiae of DC's history, then you'd have to accept all the craziness of decades past. While technically you should be correct, DC's comics aren't as reliant upon extreme attention to continuity, especially with stories that go backwards in time.