Episode 106

RSS

It's Labor Day so everyone has the day off except the boss. But fear not, Desmond Reddick brings you three cult films (Uwe Boll's Tunnel Rats, Euroshocker In a Glass Cage, and French Canadian black comedy Cadavres), and two comics this week (Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #4 and FVZA #1 from Radical Comics). Feedback galore, and the following tunes: "Move Right Out of Here" by The Hellacopters, "Let's Have a War" by Fear, "Evil Boy" by The Dead Boys, "Dead Bodies" by Rancid, "Undead" by Hollywood Undead, "The House" by Michale Graves, and an excerpt from "Houses" by Mitch Hedberg. [ 1:03:42 || 29.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_106.mp3

I've never been much of a Uwe Boll fan but I've heard enough good things about TUNNEL RATS to give it a try. Your stamp of approval on it sealed the deal for me, Des. And CADAVRES sounds depraved enough to entertain me. One thing I'd like to ask since Marvel's "Tomb Of Dracula" was mentioned. Roy Thomas and Gene Colan set out to do the most faithful adaptation of Bram Stoker's "Dracula" that had ever been done. They started it but as far as I know they never finished it. You appear to know more about this than I do so maybe you can give me the straight skinny on whatever became of that adaptation.

If you're referring to the unfinished Thomas/Dick Giordano adaptation. It's finished and out. I haven't read it yet but I hear it's excellent.

It's called Stoker's Dracula. From Marvel.

AH! My bad. I thought sure it was Thomas/Colon. Serves me right for relying on my Swiss-cheesed memory. Thanks!