Episode 341

RSS

At the end of the last Waiting for the Trade segment, Dan and Mike each named two sets of comics they wish were currently collected. Now that they've had time to reread those books, do they still want to see them reprinted in trade paperback form? Some of the answers very well might surprise you. In case you missed it, the books they chose are Miracleman: A Dream of Flying, Sabretooth: Deathhunt, Iceman, and Ruse: Enter the Detective. Also, Mike does something absolutely evil to Dan. [ 1:06:46 || 31.0 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_341.mp3

I'm completely in agreement about Bobby Drake. If Marvel hired me to write a mini for any character I wanted, I'd probably go with Iceman. The guy is an omega level mutant and he's become almost a complete non-factor to them. There's no reason he couldn't be a much more high profile character.

Also looking forward to you guys finally covering The Nail. It's a favorite of mine.

Don't worry Mike, everyone's allowed to dislike something that's supposed to be "holy and perfect". For example, I consider myself a huge Batman fan, but I don't like ANY of Frank Millers Batman work besides Year One. I don't like DKR because it's irrelevant now, much like how you feel about Miracleman. It's enjoyable as a story, I guess, but I'm not blown away by it in any way.

PS: I liked the recent run on Cable :shocked:

It was heavily influenced by "Lone Wolf And Cub", which is a favorite series of mine.

I'm completely in agreement about Bobby Drake. If Marvel hired me to write a mini for any character I wanted, I'd probably go with Iceman. The guy is an omega level mutant and he's become almost a complete non-factor to them. There's no reason he couldn't be a much more high profile character.

Also looking forward to you guys finally covering The Nail. It's a favorite of mine.

I like Iceman for a bigger role in X-men comics but I just don't think he works solo, at least not yet. His character is so marginalised that in spite of having an eventful career in the group very few remember that role. Maybe if the pushed him as the big gun of the one of the teams, or if he beat a top bad guy solo. I can see Bobby beating Aries or someone like that to raise his profile a bit, make room for some top level character attention and a potential mini if the interest is there.

I like Iceman for a bigger role in X-men comics but I just don't think he works solo, at least not yet. His character is so marginalized that in spite of having an eventful career in the group very few remember that role. Maybe if the pushed him as the big gun of the one of the teams, or if he beat a top bad guy solo. I can see Bobby beating Aries or someone like that to raise his profile a bit, make room for some top level character attention and a potential mini if the interest is there.

One of the problems with Iceman is that the people writing him seem to always forget he's one of the originals and they write him like a n00b every time. Sadly, Chuck Austen, a man I revile for what he did to the X-Men, is one of the only ones in recent history to treat Bobby with an iota of respect. Personally, I'm kinda hoping someone who writes the character watches Heroes, in particular the character of Niki, realize that Bobby's having the exact same powers (more water-based than ice-based) was seeded back in the nineties, and run with that.