Parallax

Resurrection Man

Shado

Judomaster

Damage

Anti-Monitor

I'm sure a few others from the JSA

Guest DCAUFan1051

In "Future Shock", they clearly state that its 40 years into the future, and since present day Static is 15 years old, 40 years later would mean he has to be 55. And in "The Once And Future Thing", I believe they say its 50 years into the future, and in that episode Static says something about him 65 yeas old.

So the ten years between where the two episodes of the DCAU take place, was time that gave Static gray hair.

Either this is all true or it was the fucked up timeline in "The Once And future Thing" that made him look so different.

I laughed at the JLU line because what he says is 65 is the new 30.... this also makes me think about Out Of The Past from Batman Beyond for some odd reason.

On the topic of characters to never show up in the DCAU:

Jay Garrick

Black Adam

Black Mask

Hector Hammond

Parallax

Resurrection Man

Shado

Judomaster

Damage

Anti-Monitor

I'm sure a few others from the JSA

Jay Garrick appears in the JLU tie in comic. It is issue #12, which is called "Old School". It should be remembered that the spirit of Jay Garrick makes it into the Justice League episode "Legends" in the form of The Streak. Guy Gardner also appears in issue #32 entitled "Big Guns". A host of other characters such as Adam Strange, The Phantom Stranger, The Spectre, Gypsy, Firestorm, The Blue Beetle, The Freedom Fighters, Mary Marvel, Blue Devil, Black Lightning, and even Detective Chimp all appear in the tie in comic for JLU. Many others from the various DC properties make an appearance in the comics, even is they were not in the shows.

I don't think so, initially. By the time I get there in my review series, I might change my mind. But right now, the JLU tie-in comic is better than The Batman Adventures issues I have reviewed to date.

To me (not "The") Batman Adventures is the best. I read the three JLU volumes though, and I really didn't like them. They were a little too kiddish sometimes, and a lot of not that great writing in general, for art, worst in all of the DCAU tie-ins.

I wish they would have put Impulse in there - if nothing else, watching Flash get exasperated at a more extreme version of himself would have been fun. (and of course, Impulse was considered when they pitched JL to Kids WB) Stylistically, though, he would have fit better in Teen Titans - thinking to early Impulse comics and the non-verbal thought balloons, I can see that working well.

As far as Mike's puritanical streak, taking certain comments by themselves, I can see where the impression would come from.

Child abuse (See No evil)

Domestic abuse (Mad Love)

Superhero extra-relationship affairs (Terry & Melanie)

Pretty much all of Toyz In THe Hood

I wouldn't call Mike puritanical, but there certainly are social issues (sometimes subtle ones) that he picks up on and speaks about, and does so with no small amount of passion. I wouldn't buy a black hat with a buckle on it any time soon, though...

Incidentally, the scheme that Professor Menace claimed in the Soul Power episode was actually used in "The Flash" series from 90-91. A black superhero (Nightshade) defeated a technology-based opponent named The Ghost (played, I kid you not, by an actor names Anthony Stark). During the destruction of his lair, the Ghost slipped into a cry0 tube and slept from 1955 until 1990. Nightshade, now about 60, and the Flash teamed up to take him down.

Chris