Superman and the JSA

KnightWing

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So simple that it's constantly being disproven without any real debate from your side.

I mean, really, if I can agree with both Koete AND Des on something, it's sort of a universal truth at that point.

Superman being first is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter at all to the countless that he's inspired, and making him first isn't going to accomplish anything other than satisfying a few fanboys.

So simple that it's constantly being disproven without any real debate from your side.

Disproven?

Like hell.

At this point, it's just ridiculous. I think it's a matter of opinion. I want to keep talking, but apparently no one is taking my point seriously.

It's all "THE DC UNIVERSE CHRONOLOGY IS PERFECT AND ANYONE WHO CHALLENGES IT IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG."

Geez. And you call me a fanboy.

That's because my mind is simple. :P

Fixed.

Wow. Seriously.

I thought the banner up at the top of the page said "Geek culture at its finest," not "Geek culture at its most petty."

Just because the rest of you seem to disagree with me, you simply decide that I'm wrong, and that any point I make doesn't matter.

I can agree that my view is an opinion, but you seem to think that your opinions on the matter are absolute fact. This is stupid and ridiculous.

Knightwing, bro, think what you want of me, but please don't think for a second that I agree with that statement.

I'm all for debate (often heated debate, at that) but I really have no interest in insulting people.

I left a website that I'd been a member of over four years because of petty bullshit like that, and I really don't intend on having it spread to here.

That's because my mind is simple. :P

Fixed.

Wow. Seriously.

I thought the banner up at the top of the page said "Geek culture at its finest," not "Geek culture at its most petty."

Just because the rest of you seem to disagree with me, you simply decide that I'm wrong, and that any point I make doesn't matter.

I can agree that my view is an opinion, but you seem to think that your opinions on the matter are absolute fact. This is stupid and ridiculous.

No one is trying to badmouth your opinions here, it just almost comes across that you think no one should be a superhero before Superman comes along, and people here don't really seem to agree with that. Which is fine, this is a forum for discussion, and your opinion is valid, but it doesn't mean that I agree with you, Batman came before Superman in the DCAU, but does that make Batman a better superhero in the eyes of the Justice League, no, because he is not the role model the world needs, an obsessed man refusing to die, even when he hit with the Omega sanction. The DCU and DCAU need superman as a hero, but not necessary the first superhero, he can be the hero who defined many generations of heroes and is able to show them that they have someone to look up to.

Just because some people believe he should be the first hero doesn't mean anything, just like some people thinking he isn't, it's really a moot point, it doesn't matter where he comes into continuity, Superman is the cornerstone of the DCU, and no matter if he was the first of 301st hero, he is the one they will look up to.

Also, just because I disagree with you here, doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion on the subject.

If this thread gets any worse, I say close the thread.

Knightwing, bro, think what you want of me, but please don't think for a second that I agree with that statement.

I'm all for debate (often heated debate, at that) but I really have no interest in insulting people.

I left a website that I'd been a member of over four years because of petty bullshit like that, and I really don't intend on having it spread to here.

Geez I was only joking. I'm sorry If you were insulted Knightwing. You too Dubs.

If this thread gets any worse, I say close the thread.

It might be time to let the thread die anyway. I don't think anything's getting anywhere.

I really do appreciate what you guys have said about the whole topic. I still hold my opinion, but I'm open to it not being absolutely always the case.