The news thread

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife of Miami Dolphins star receiver Brandon Marshall has been charged with stabbing him in the abdomen during a domestic violence incident, according to an offense report from the Broward County, Florida, sheriff's office.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/23/wife-charged-in-stabbing-of-dolphins-brandon-marshall/

Why is it whenever you hear anything about a pro athlete's wife or girlfriend it's never a good thing? It's never "she saved a kid from a falling piano". It's always "she burned down their house and tried to eat the cat".

The wife of Miami Dolphins star receiver Brandon Marshall has been charged with stabbing him in the abdomen during a domestic violence incident, according to an offense report from the Broward County, Florida, sheriff's office.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/23/wife-charged-in-stabbing-of-dolphins-brandon-marshall/

Why is it whenever you hear anything about a pro athlete's wife or girlfriend it's never a good thing? It's never "she saved a kid from a falling piano". It's always "she burned down their house and tried to eat the cat".

Bitches be crazy.

Glee extra Nicole Crowther says she has not been on the set of the hit show since October and overhead spoilers about the prom episode that she tweeted about at a dinner party rather than on set.

She says she attended the dinner party with a friend and met a young woman who claimed she was a Glee extra who had just finished shooting the prom episode.

"I didn't even know if the girl I heard it from was joking or telling the truth," said Crowther, 21, in a statement. "I was not an extra for that scene and haven't been an extra on the show since Oct. 2010." She added: “I didn't violate any code of ethics or violate a contract."

Crowther came under fire for sharing the names of the prom king and queen.

As a result, Glee producer 20th Century Fox Television started considering amending all talent deals to include strict punishments for blabbing online.

And Glee co-creator Brad Falchuk said to Crowther via Twitter: “Hope you’re qualified to do something besides work in entertainment…Who are you to spoil something talented people have spent months to create?”

Crowther, who has been an extra on various other shows, said she regrets sending the tweet. "I have been on the set of many shows and have never, and would never, give away any information...And I am truly sorry for any trouble I have caused. But that was never what I intended. I wanted to be just another speculator weighing in."

She claims that people in the industry have been told to drop her as friends on Facebook or face retribution. And she said she is exploring legal options, because she feels her budding career is in danger.

"Mr. Falchuk publicly humiliated me and has made it clear that he never wants me to work again in Hollywood," said Crowther.

Her statement said she would like Falchuk to help make it known that she did not betray an on-set code of conduct.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glee-extra-says-she-didn-181840?page=1#comments

I'm on her side. That guy is a dick and needs to be sued for blackballing her. She didn't do anything that Perez Hilton or any other rumor site does. She overheard it and tweeted it. He threatened to kill her career in a public forum. We all know that shit happens in Hollywood, but you can't do it in front of the whole world.

You know what? Whatever. Operation that took place while Obama was president, he gets the credit.

Eh. I tend to view most ongoing issues as not being a result of the current administration. Just like our economic crisis isn't Obama's fault just because it's happening today. I doubt Obama was the mastermind behind the whole operation; I ain't jumping on the "Obama killed Osama" campaign. Mostly because it's phonetically confusing.

Either way, I don't think it's worth arguing who "gets the credit." Osama=dead. Fuck yeah.

My favourites on Twitter:

@Lawcomic: Hey, those who say Obama took too much credit would you've felt better if he'd worn a flight suit in front of a Mission Accomplished banner?

@TheThomason: Obama: "Anybody else wanna see my birth certificate?" *Drops mic, walks away.*

@ FreddyAmazin BREAKING NEWS: Chuck Norris returns from trip to Afghanistan.

I really did pick the right (extended) weekend to join Twitter! No end of amusement!

My favourite:

@hellobuglers: Pakistan government explains Bin Laden presence: "We thought he was the guy from ZZ Top. His karaoke was awesome. His paperwork checked out"

We condemn the assassination and the killing of an Arab holy warrior. We regard this as a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and the shedding of Muslim and Arab blood.

Furthermore...

We ask God to offer him mercy with the true believers and the martyrs.

The Prime Minister of Palestine, folks.