The news thread

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing we can do is stop the story fading from public consciousness so that News Corp don't get away with this.

Honestly, after a week, it won't be a big news story anymore. Murdoch will just be last weeks news. That is, unless this gives Tommy Sheridan a chance at a mistrial (Or retrial, one of the two.)

Maybe in Scotland - the Tommy Sheridan has only attracted interest south of the border for the keenest political acolytes.

But yes, if the public & other media don't keep up the pressure, there's a big chance that News Corp will dodge the bullet they so richly deserve.

The best thing we can do is stop the story fading from public consciousness so that News Corp don't get away with this.

Honestly, after a week, it won't be a big news story anymore. Murdoch will just be last weeks news. That is, unless this gives Tommy Sheridan a chance at a mistrial (Or retrial, one of the two.)

Maybe in Scotland - the Tommy Sheridan has only attracted interest south of the border for the keenest political acolytes.

That's true, those people, and the ones who liked the series of celebrity Big Brother with Tommy being best friends with rapper Coolio.

I just realised, Rupert Murdoch is Elliot Carver from Tomorrow Never Dies.

You JUST realised that? You didn't realise it when the film came out? That's who Carver was based on!

If only the villain in Die Another Day hadn't been based on Richard Branson.

I just realised, Rupert Murdoch is Elliot Carver from Tomorrow Never Dies.

You JUST realised that? You didn't realise it when the film came out? That's who Carver was based on!

If only the villain in Die Another Day hadn't been based on Richard Branson.

The Brosnan era of Bond films wasn't all that subtle, was it?

The only problem I have with it was the dropping it at sea in secret was to avoid his final resting place becoming a site of worship/celebration.

That said, who actually believes they dumped the body overboard. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in a crate next to the Ark of the Covenant.